Page 676 of 725 FirstFirst ... 176576626666674675676677678686 ... LastLast
Results 6,751 to 6,760 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dog Guy View Post
    I saw reports today that vets, feed stores and ranch supply outfits in northern Nevada are running out of Ivermectin. Not just the once a month pills for your dog, but also the big dose stuff for worming horses. They've started making buyers sign a form stating that they understand that stuff they're buying is animal doses, not for human use. Vets are concerned about access to the meds they need for animal treatment.

I swear, sometimes I have to double check whether I'm watching the news or scanning the PF memes thread.
    Ivermectin seems to be doing well against the my sharona. However, I would want to obtain it through the proper channels so I could get forms for humans in amounts for humans.

My neighbor's brother was taken by COVID-19 on Christmas Day. About a week before Christmas I heard he (never met him) was in the hospital and had been on a ventilator for 7 days. Yesterday I heard he passed. I was told he was 70 and in excellent health and very active prior to contracting the COVID. I heard he was at a family function where three women close to him in age all contracted the COVID and recovered quickly. He obviously did not fare as well.

Site Supporter

COVID 19

That's one of the things that's so scary about this virus -- the unpredictability.

Some people have it and never have symptoms. Others are down for three days or a week or two or they end up in the hospital on a respirator. It's a significant threat to those with health issues, and sometimes has catastrophic effects on people who are otherwise in good shape and in good health.

In a year or so the scientists will probably (?) know why some people are affected so severely and others are not. But that is of no comfort to those who have lost friends or family members. Or who die.

Hammertime
    Immunization update (Moderna): I had about 48 hours of injection sight pain. No other symptoms.

Five days after I noticed some swollen and sore axillary lymph nodes on the same side as injection. So I guess I am getting an immune response. That is where we stand.

I feel pretty fortunate to have the vaccine at this point.

I'm writing a long note to my state-level representatives (Idaho District 11) asking them to give some attention to the lack of narrative and data clarity in the published vaccination plan for Idaho. I get the priority for emergency services, health care workers, and nursing home residents/staff but the wild west of other essential workers deserves a decent rationale. Groceries are certainly important, but what is the age distribution in that group, what does the incidence of infection look like and has the service been affected to date (doesn't appear so to me, but I can't see behind the curtain). I'm being a bit selfish; as a healthy 75 y/o I'm probably behind Uber drivers who might pick up a 65 y/o fare. National Guard is deemed essential which I believe deserves at least a rationale. Yes, we might be invaded by California or we could have a Portland-like riot, but probably not likely.

I'd be interested in hearing what others think about their state's approach.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Immunization update (Moderna): I had about 48 hours of injection sight pain. No other symptoms.

Five days after I noticed some swollen and sore axillary lymph nodes on the same side as injection. So I guess I am getting an immune response. That is where we stand.

I feel pretty fortunate to have the vaccine at this point.
    I wish I'd had some swollen lymph nodes! That's great news!

Quote Originally Posted by rdtompki View Post
    I'm writing a long note to my state-level representatives (Idaho District 11) asking them to give some attention to the lack of narrative and data clarity in the published vaccination plan for Idaho. I get the priority for emergency services, health care workers, and nursing home residents/staff but the wild west of other essential workers deserves a decent rationale. Groceries are certainly important, but what is the age distribution in that group, what does the incidence of infection look like and has the service been affected to date (doesn't appear so to me, but I can't see behind the curtain). I'm being a bit selfish; as a healthy 75 y/o I'm probably behind Uber drivers who might pick up a 65 y/o fare. National Guard is deemed essential which I believe deserves at least a rationale. Yes, we might be invaded by California or we could have a Portland-like riot, but probably not likely.

I'd be interested in hearing what others think about their state's approach.
    My guess is that most states will do whatever the CDC recommends. From what I've heard, people above 75 years of age are in the second wave. My dad turned 75 a couple of months ago, and he will be in touch with his doctor to get vaccinated as soon as it becomes available. If the vaccine becomes available via some other source, he'll go that route. The logistics of how to vaccinate this many people this quickly will a challenge, so I don't really expect the people running the show to know what they are doing.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Got an email last week saying the SOM was hoping we would be in "the next wave" of vaccinations. No word since, but not holding my breath...

This virus is a weird shit. I really wish I knew more about other viruses to have a good frame of reference for comparisons. A friend who had it two weeks ago and recovered fully now came down with what sounds like a bad pleurisy two days ago. I have to think those two are related, but maybe not. Not seen or heard about such cases yet.

Consulted on a gal yesterday who had her lungs and heart taken out by it. Lungs progressed from asymptomatic to hospice in 12 hours but I guess this doesn't surprise anyone anymore.

On a positive side, our ICU is under 200% census for the first time in many weeks. I am just hoping my ICU peeps get a break sooner than later.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    This virus is a weird shit. I really wish I knew more about other viruses to have a good frame of reference for comparisons. A friend who had it two weeks ago and recovered fully now came down with what sounds like a bad pleurisy two days ago. I have to think those two are related, but maybe not. Not seen or heard about such cases yet.

Consulted on a gal yesterday who had her lungs and heart taken out by it. Lungs progressed from asymptomatic to hospice in 12 hours but I guess this doesn't surprise anyone anymore.

On a positive side, our ICU is under 200% census for the first time in many weeks. I am just hoping my ICU peeps get a break sooner than later.

It really is.

My 89yo grandmother in a nursing home is recovering from it well, primary symptoms being intestinal not respiratory. Meanwhile a 40-yo otherwise healthy colleague from work passed a few weeks ago; he didn't even know he had it and went in with some breathing problems and was gone in a day or two. Terribly sad.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    peeps or PEEPS?
    Sorry, couldn't resist!

Haven't seen any pleurisy associated with it at this point. But continue to see people who just aren't bouncing back like we'd normally expect. Had one last week who keeps getting odd fevers for some reason, despite x-ray looking a lot better.

User Tag List