Page 296 of 725 FirstFirst ... 196246286294295296297298306346396 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,960 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightvisionary View Post
    Slow day so far at the drive through test site Im working.
    The local news is saying the two test sites in Dallas have been slow, too. What's y'all's criteria for getting a test? Here, I believe it's over 65, or a healthcare worker / first responder, or a transit driver.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    It's not the odds, it's the steaks...

I see that you have a bone to pick?*

*Sorry, couldn't resist.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Yeah... I have all sorts of nasty things to say about them... I'll leave it at I hope they aren't put ahead of anyone that needs a vent...
    Yep. And I hope they don't have to live with indirectly killing anyone's parents or grandparents. Fucking morons.

Site Supporter
    My stepdaughters boyfriend still has not gotten his test result and it has been 10 days. I think he is full of shit but my wife says I am just a cynical asshole. I fear that people will stop sheltering in place because of the lack deaths; they think this is all bullshit. It reminds me of people complaining about police officers. “Why do have so many cops? We don’t have crime here!” So they lower manpower and when the crime goes up- these cops are worthless! Has anybody seen any statistics comparing the Chinese flu to the swine flu in 1918?

VA has closed their schools for the remainder of the school year. GG, never going back to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    My stepdaughters boyfriend still has not gotten his test result and it has been 10 days. I think he is full of shit but my wife says I am just a cynical asshole. I fear that people will stop sheltering in place because of the lack deaths; they think this is all bullshit. It reminds me of people complaining about police officers. “Why do have so many cops? We don’t have crime here!” So they lower manpower and when the crime goes up- these cops are worthless! Has anybody seen any statistics comparing the Chinese flu to the swine flu in 1918?
    I got tested 7 days ago-no results yet, and they said it could be a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Torsius View Post
    I got tested 7 days ago-no results yet, and they said it could be a while.
    You still breathing okay? (obviously you're still breathing... you know what I mean)

Good luck and good health.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    a 10 day delay, depending on who is processing the sample, is totally believable. Our research labs have had to donate supplies to the Dept of Public Health (in addition to donating our PPE to the hospital). The supply/demand mismatch really can't be understated.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    I’ve long thought that your puns identify as prions, because they get inside brains, and drive people mad.

In other news, from NYT:

A mother who was infected with the coronavirus couldn’t smell her baby’s full diaper. Cooks who can usually name every spice in a restaurant dish can’t smell curry or garlic, and food tastes bland. Others say they can’t pick up the sweet scent of shampoo or the foul odor of kitty litter.

Anosmia, the loss of sense of smell, and ageusia, an accompanying diminished sense of taste, have emerged as peculiar telltale signs of COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus, and possible markers of infection.

On Friday, British ear, nose and throat doctors, citing reports from colleagues around the world, called on adults who lose their senses of smell to isolate themselves for seven days, even if they have no other symptoms, to slow the disease’s spread. The published data is limited, but doctors are concerned enough to raise warnings.

“We really want to raise awareness that this is a sign of infection and that anyone who develops loss of sense of smell should self-isolate,” Professor Claire Hopkins, president of the British Rhinological Society, wrote in an email. “It could contribute to slowing transmission and save lives.”

The rest of the long-ish article is mostly back up commentary on the intro, above.

FWIW.
    I agree, people with no taste should self-quarantine (permanently).

User Tag List