Page 197 of 725 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197198199207247297697 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,970 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Aisin Gioro View Post
    I presume this question relates to knowing somebody in the US, because my situation is a bit different...
    Hug.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I don't remember if this has been posted already (1977 posts sort of run together after a while), but it's a look at the spread of the disease based on what has happened already in different countries and the effect that their control measures had. Apologies if it's duplicating earlier info. It's also outside my area of expertise so I'm curious to know if his methods and conclusions ring true to our SMEs. https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coron...e-f4d3d9cd99ca

Quote Originally Posted by shootist26 View Post
    it's in times like these that I especially hate people like Rush Limbaugh
    Why?
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by shootist26 View Post
    saw a couple of pics on twitter

-a gate at Ft Lauderdale airport....100+ elderly people all sitting right next to each other going on vacation, not a care in the world
    I drove by the local bingo hall tonight and the lot was as packed as always, and their crowd is mostly seniors.

No one we know over 65 seems to be taking it seriously. My grandfather is 85 and says it's nothing, and keeps going out and about. My father in law is 79 and just beat leukemia last year and he's also running around like usual. It's frustrating.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scjbash View Post
    I drove by the local bingo hall tonight and the lot was as packed as always, and their crowd is mostly seniors.

No one we know over 65 seems to be taking it seriously. My grandfather is 85 and says it's nothing, and keeps going out and about. My father in law is 79 and just beat leukemia last year and he's also running around like usual. It's frustrating.
    Reading stuff like this gives me palpitations.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Guy View Post
    I don't remember if this has been posted already (1977 posts sort of run together after a while), but it's a look at the spread of the disease based on what has happened already in different countries and the effect that their control measures had. Apologies if it's duplicating earlier info. It's also outside my area of expertise so I'm curious to know if his methods and conclusions ring true to our SMEs. https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coron...e-f4d3d9cd99ca
    Not an SME in the discipline(s), but it looks to be pretty similar to what has already been proffered.

1. Mass contagion, while inevitable, can be mitigated by extensive restrictive measures.
    2. The sooner, and more restrictive, those restrictions are implemented, the less time it takes for the routes of transmission to decay which, in theory, should reduce the load our medical infrastructure.

Of course, this all depends upon individuals obeying these restrictions for the better good of everyone else.

Given the general selfishness that seems to pervade our society, I am sadly dubious that this will work. I pray that I am proven terribly mistaken in that suspicion.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Site Supporter
    Anyone else seeing horse shit like this on social media ?

Name:  09D02A1A-1973-4BD7-BD4B-3E8930BF7A93.jpg
Views: 542
Size:  31.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Reading stuff like this gives me palpitations.
    When I told my MIL that we’re cancelling our trip to Australia, she said, “well then, I’m going to go back to China.”

Really, Mom? FML

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Anyone else seeing horse shit like this on social media ?

Name:  09D02A1A-1973-4BD7-BD4B-3E8930BF7A93.jpg
Views: 542
Size:  31.9 KB
    A relative sent me an email, claiming that drinking water regularly would wash the virus into the stomach, instead of it travelling into the lungs.

Site Supporter
    deleted
    Last edited by SiriusBlunder; 03-15-2020 at 12:43 AM.

User Tag List