Page 195 of 725 FirstFirst ... 95145185193194195196197205245295695 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,950 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    At the link. Italians sing to deserted streets

https://www.insider.com/italy-lockdo...DmGApzo1W0Dabo
    Tears...

There's nothing civil about this war.

No confirmed cases in my county, but plenty a couple hours north and south of here.

Had a conversation with my neighbor yesterday, a nice woman who works with special needs adults. She said that she may get locked in her facility, if she's on shift when a "client" is confirmed with COVID-19.

Despite this sobering possibility, my neighbor seems to be in denial. When I speculated on the timing of an eventual outbreak in our area, she said quite firmly, "well, hopefully it doesn't come here".

Quote Originally Posted by TQP View Post
    My supplies of toilet paper are adequate, but I haven't been willing to go anywhere near a grocery store...
    Summer is almost here, nothing a garden hose won't take care of (neighbors might get upset though...).

Site Supporter
    After my experiences at huricanne Katrina I wrote a memo / plan to my police chief for 24/7 operations during an emergency. I suggested partnering with our high school and storing equipment there to run operations 24/7 with nobody going home. I also include using the school as a Red Cross shelter. Nobody was wanted to hear it.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    After my experiences at huricanne Katrina I wrote a memo / plan to my police chief for 24/7 operations during an emergency. I suggested partnering with our high school and storing equipment there to run operations 24/7 with nobody going home. I also include using the school as a Red Cross shelter. Nobody was wanted to hear it.
    There is a tragic irony to the way this whole thing is unfolding.

Quote Originally Posted by Torsius View Post
    I began the apocalypse by cooking bacon with Bach’s Mass in B Minor playing. Better than any anti anxiety med.

Seriously, I want to thank all of the medical professionals on this thread that are examining the data. It is far more helpful than running around in small circles as some are doing.

For those looking for an alternate TP supply, I bought a case of individually wrapped rolls from Office Depot (free delivery!) I also bought a case of the “coreless” commercial type and an adaptator to use it at home from Amazon. Not ready for #BidetMasterRace.

People are panic buying where I live. I managed to get what I needed, but it was a bit of an eye opener-even for a cop. I didn’t see any bad behavior, just weird things like a grown man pushing one of those mini kiddie shopping carts filled with only bottled water.
    Mozart's Requiem Mass, played so loud it rattles the neighbor's 3 doors away.
    I don't even know latin and I love to sing along.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Site Supporter
    I went to the grocery store this afternoon. It was moderately crowded, but not crazy like it is the afternoon before Thanksgiving. They had no toilet paper and very few paper towels. I bought over $200 worth of groceries and the only things on my list that I couldn't find were dry onion soup mix and the right kind of flour. The store is in the midst of a re-arrangement, so nothing is where it was a month ago. People were extremely polite and most everyone seemed to be going out of their way to accommodate each other. I was really proud of how people in my community are behaving. My wife also made a big trip last week, so we are set for quite a while now.

Who here knows somebody with this virus?

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    I went to the grocery store this afternoon. It was moderately crowded, but not crazy like it is the afternoon before Thanksgiving. They had no toilet paper and very few paper towels. I bought over $200 worth of groceries and the only things on my list that I couldn't find were dry onion soup mix and the right kind of flour. The store is in the midst of a re-arrangement, so nothing is where it was a month ago. People were extremely polite and most everyone seemed to be going out of their way to accommodate each other. I was really proud of how people in my community are behaving. My wife also made a big trip last week, so we are set for quite a while now.
    Glad to hear that your experience has been the same as mine. From the way some communities and groups are behaving, you would think at this virus has a survivability rate of 1 to 3 percent instead of its fatality rate of 1 to 3 percent. Hopefully, everybody can get a grip on themselves and behave reasonably and politely with one another. At least, that is my hope.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Student
    Usually the Scottsdale Gun Club doesn't move more than two or three shotguns a month, by my informal observation.

Between Thursday and Friday, that portion of the wall (~10 displays) has been emptied save for a Winchester SXP Desert Defender, along with a few lever actions rifles in the adjacent section, even those silly cruiser-style Henrys.

Still plenty of ammunition to be had, though they moved S&B 115gr 9mm back up to around $200 a case after taxes, where it was previously around $160.

User Tag List