Page 186 of 725 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188196236286686 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Maybe Wu and Swearengen were on to something...

Per Homer Simpson; "magical creature "

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Like I said way earlier, we need to be able to criticize the government in a way that is agnostic to party politics. It doesn't matter to me who is in office right now or what party they belong to, they are screwing up badly in a way that is objective and impossible to ignore. Without criticism, nothing changes, which is unacceptable.
    I do my part.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Question for the LE here: Any signs of looting or like activity?

Site Supporter

EPA Disinfectants Data

Here's a useful link from the EPA regarding cleaning products.
    Searchable list and results include information about required contact time for each cleaner.

Two thumbs up for whoever put this together.

List N: Disinfectants for Use Against SARS-CoV-2
    Last edited by RoyGBiv; 03-14-2020 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Gramma
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    If it works, it's genius. Quite a gamble.
    Bets with high risk of ruin often have outcomes that look like genius if all the stars align and they work out, too.

Of course I hope it works out, but I for one would not want to be the guinea pig in that experiment.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scw2 View Post
    Bets with high risk of ruin often have outcomes that look like genius if all the stars align and they work out, too.

Of course I hope it works out, but I for one would not want to be the guinea pig in that experiment.
    No, it's a high stakes move, but on the other hand, we are all guinea pigs in one experiment or another.

The history of public health includes a LOT of spectacular failures of conventional wisdom, in which the outcome was the opposite of the intent.

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    Yeah that is super interesting. I'm really curious to see how that works out for them. I don't think anyone knows yet what the consequences will be but it'll be fascinating if it turns out to be a success. Their reasoning is interesting at every stage along the way: getting people to self-isolate too soon will mean they're bored and abandon the protocols at the worst possible moment, for example. Or the idea that there will be a huge surge of cases next winter and the only way to prevent that, is to build resistance now.
    I think they are off their rocker. So far if there was any success in curbing down the spread, it is in places with a significant isolation effort. Given that we know that this stuff does kill sick and old, and young sometimes too, wide population exposure means that they are willing to take those losses. We don't know jack and shit about conferred immunity. We don't know if next winter's strain will have the same RNA. I think that taking a herd immunity approach to a completely novel pathogen is insane.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I think they are off their rocker. So far if there was any success in curbing down the spread, it is in places with a significant isolation effort. Given that we know that this stuff does kill sick and old, and young sometimes too, wide population exposure means that they are willing to take those losses. We don't know jack and shit about conferred immunity. We don't know if next winter's strain will have the same RNA. I think that taking a herd immunity approach to a completely novel pathogen in insane.
    Maybe this is the best lens to view socialized medicine through...

(sarcasm...but food for thought.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I began the apocalypse by cooking bacon with Bach’s Mass in B Minor playing. Better than any anti anxiety med.

Seriously, I want to thank all of the medical professionals on this thread that are examining the data. It is far more helpful than running around in small circles as some are doing.

For those looking for an alternate TP supply, I bought a case of individually wrapped rolls from Office Depot (free delivery!) I also bought a case of the “coreless” commercial type and an adaptator to use it at home from Amazon. Not ready for #BidetMasterRace.

People are panic buying where I live. I managed to get what I needed, but it was a bit of an eye opener-even for a cop. I didn’t see any bad behavior, just weird things like a grown man pushing one of those mini kiddie shopping carts filled with only bottled water.

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    Question for the LE here: Any signs of looting or like activity?
    NOT LE, but several days ago, Dayton PD were called in to disperse a crowd of about 1000 people on UD campus. Supposedly in response to the cancellation of classes and students being asked to leave campus. Not certain how many where actually upset students, or hood rats doing hood rat things.
    Taking a break from social media.

User Tag List