Page 527 of 725 FirstFirst ... 27427477517525526527528529537577627 ... LastLast
Results 5,261 to 5,270 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRoland View Post
    I'm really really worried the dense states are going to see large second-spikes due to the protests, people riding public transit to them, people being forced into close proximity with each other. I'm worried enough to start trading stocks on this assumption (and that a second spike is going to cause the market to lose confidence again).

Does someone want to talk me into or out of this? Is there any evidence either way at this point?
    I would give it a couple of weeks to see what plays out. Even if deaths do increase, if the civil unrest continues it won’t be reported. The majority of folks who die are in the age range of almost invisible in society, 80+. Many won’t even notice. Even if the media does make it the headline again, I think public interest and fatigue have set in, people just don’t care anymore.

Locally in AL we have had our two largest weekly increases of cases the last two weeks and I see more and more folks out every day.

Ymmv and my .02 from a layman on matters
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by MickAK View Post
    White Supremacy is a more urgent public health concern.
    https://whdh.com/news/over-1000-heal...-as-an-excuse/
    If one wants to know why people aren't trusting experts much anymore and start preferring conspiracy theories, this is an example of why.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    If one wants to know why people aren't trusting experts much anymore and start preferring conspiracy theories, this is an example of why.
    You just don't have the credentials to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by MickAK View Post
    You just don't have the credentials to understand.
    Mick, Mick, Mick...nah, who am I fooling. I love the sarcasm.

(By the way, few can fail to appreciate WB's intellect. Hoping that will convince him to send me a bag o' money. Private joke.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

We're seeing a steady rise in numbers in our state, both absolute new cases and ratio of positives / tested. It is presented as a likely result of a single super-spreader event at a meatpacking facility up north although I know that our system's southern facility 200+ miles south had seen increased number of admissions. As of right now our own ICU is at 100% pre-surge capacity with one quarter of those being covid or pui, which means they are going to an overflow / surge beds deployment.

The state has slowly reopened a month or so ago, with further relaxation within last two weeks. Stores, gyms, hair salons, etc. The numbers increase was predictable so that's not surprising. What I keep wondering is this: how many times would the show have to be shut down before people do get "put a mask on when in public" part of trying to keep life as close to normal as possible?
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    We're seeing a steady rise in numbers in our state, both absolute new cases and ratio of positives / tested. It is presented as a likely result of a single super-spreader event at a meatpacking facility up north although I know that our system's southern facility 200+ miles south had seen increased number of admissions. As of right now our own ICU is at 100% pre-surge capacity with one quarter of those being covid or pui, which means they are going to an overflow / surge beds deployment.

The state has slowly reopened a month or so ago, with further relaxation within last two weeks. Stores, gyms, hair salons, etc. The numbers increase was predictable so that's not surprising. What I keep wondering is this: how many times would the show have to be shut down before people do get "put a mask on when in public" part of trying to keep life as close to normal as possible?
    Yeah our numbers are going up too as we've relaxed restrictions.

Furthermore people just don't seem to be caring much anymore. Wife and I went to Tractor Supply today to get some feed. Of the 100 people in the store, only 3 had masks on, and almost nobody was keeping 6ft separation in the lines.

But our hospital's administration is more interested in the white coats for black lives movement.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Yeah our numbers are going up too as we've relaxed restrictions.

Furthermore people just don't seem to be caring much anymore. Wife and I went to Tractor Supply today to get some feed. Of the 100 people in the store, only 3 had masks on, and almost nobody was keeping 6ft separation in the lines.

But our hospital's administration is more interested in the white coats for black lives movement.
    Lol, ours is doing the "WC4BL" thing too.

As of our last numbers we are still at 200% MICU capacity, of which ~50% are COVID patients (~40 non-COVID MICU patients, 40 COVID+, housed on separate floors). I don't see that going down any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    how many times would the show have to be shut down before people do get "put a mask on when in public" part of trying to keep life as close to normal as possible?
    I feel the lay public just doesn't give a shit anymore and won't believe COVID is a problem til they're satting in the 80s on RA in the ED.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post

I feel the lay public just doesn't give a shit anymore and won't believe COVID is a problem til they're satting in the 80s on RA in the ED.
    COVID is so March/April!!!!!

It's June now gotta have a different focus!

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar

If I didn't know better, I'd swear we are under-medicating ADHD in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    If I didn't know better, I'd swear we are under-medicating ADHD in this country.
    May just flu by.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

User Tag List