Page 700 of 725 FirstFirst ... 200600650690698699700701702710 ... LastLast
Results 6,991 to 7,000 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Site Supporter
    If anyone finds themselves or a loved one in need of monoclonal antibody treatment, here is the provider locator map from HHS.

https://protect-public.hhs.gov/pages...s-distribution

Worth noting that this treatment is only available BEFORE the 10th (11th?) day following onset of symptoms.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I'm happy to report that my wife and I have recovered from COVID 19 and back to normal life, both mild cases. In my case I had some lung inflammation and it'll take me a bit of time to get 100% fit again.

One of my best friends was not so lucky and just died from complications derived from COVID after an epic three month fight. He was 58, extremely obese, high blood pressure, etc. and initially had mild symptoms, only to get intubated overnight at day 15. Please take care of your basic health, guys.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TiroFijo View Post
    I'm happy to report that my wife and I have recovered from COVID 19 and back to normal life, both mild cases. In my case I had some lung inflammation and it'll take me a bit of time to get 100% fit again.

One of my best friends was not so lucky and just died from complications derived from COVID after an epic three month fight. He was 58, extremely obese, high blood pressure, etc. and initially had mild symptoms, only to get intubated overnight at day 15. Please take care of your basic health, guys.
    Sorry to hear that. I finally managed to get my wife and I scheduled for the first vaccine. (Sat, March 6) I'll let you know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    Sorry to hear that. I finally managed to get my wife and I scheduled for the first vaccine. (Sat, March 6) I'll let you know how it goes.
    The vaccine supply is starting to show up here also. My wife and I are scheduled for our first shot tomorrow. I just read that teachers are now eligible here for the first round and that's going to impact the slow rollout even more. We've been waiting for a month since we were first scheduled. Not sure how the #2 will go.

Good luck.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TiroFijo View Post

Sorry to hear about your friend Tiro, glad you and the wife made it through all right. Hopefully your back to %100 soon.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Canadian governments are extending the time between doses to four months in a direct contradiction of the manufacturer's recommendations because we're so far from having a sufficient supply that we have basically no options but to give people half measures.

I think the big concern is that the partial immunity will increase selective pressure on the virus, and promote the spread of the more virulent strains (which obviously I'm not going to name by country since that's racist; viruses don't have nationalities - or wait do strains? Hard to keep up with the official line on this stuff.)

I don't know a single person who's been vaccinated. Nobody at the local sport fishing forum I go to has been able to get a shot. One guy's mom got one dose, about six weeks ago. Another guy's parents were both vaccinated. In Florida.

On the other hand we've climbed in global per capita standings from 55th to 54th. Not sure what went wrong in Croatia but in the last couple of days, we have vaccinated 0.1% more of our population than they have. Suck it, Croats!
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Quote Originally Posted by Maple Syrup Actual View Post
    Suck it, Croats!
    Oooh you ought notta done that. Your Springfield XD privileges have been revoked.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maple Syrup Actual View Post
    Canadian governments are extending the time between doses to four months in a direct contradiction of the manufacturer's recommendations because we're so far from having a sufficient supply that we have basically no options but to give people half measures.

I think the big concern is that the partial immunity will increase selective pressure on the virus, and promote the spread of the more virulent strains..
    I wonder if that's going to happen. If my memory is correct, it was cheap-ass beekeepers' cutting down on the strength of the antibiotic to save money that resulted in a resistant varroa mite.

Anyhoo, I got Pfizer shit #1 a couple of weeks ago, shot #2 in about ten days.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I wonder if that's going to happen. If my memory is correct, it was cheap-ass beekeepers' cutting down on the strength of the antibiotic to save money that resulted in a resistant varroa mite.

Stephanie, why don’t you really tell us what you think about the first shot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post

Quote Originally Posted by serialsolver View Post
    Stephanie, why don’t you really tell us what you think about the first shot.
    Typo. The first shot wasn't bad. My arm was sore overnight, but that's it.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List