Page 538 of 725 FirstFirst ... 38438488528536537538539540548588638 ... LastLast
Results 5,371 to 5,380 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Sooo ... you are implying that since I could think like a politician that I'm not deserving of high praise or compliments?

;-)
    High crimes and misdemeanors, more like it.

(You know I love you like a brother...so, put down the tomahawk.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    High crimes and misdemeanors, more like it.

(You know I love you like a brother...so, put down the tomahawk.)
    Well I do have my highs and my lows and my demeanor has often missed the mark.

What tomahawk?
    *keeps hands behind his back*
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    +1

Slightly off topic but it reminds me of I believe it was 2016 when our State Medical board decided they wanted to insert themselves into the death penalty debate in our state. They stated that if any physician tried to participate in an execution they would lose their license forever.

I realize there's a lot of pros and cons to the death penalty, and people can get quite polarized and emotional regarding it.

I wouldn't have minded if they would have just stated they had a position or opinion. But instead, they had to use whatever influence they had to change the state law
    It was before that. Somewhere along 2005-6 they had that same belief. Can't do an execution if nobody pronounces them dead.

I did an exam on one of the executions during that time frame. Entertainingly, the state had blocked the ME from completing the death certificate on executions for years because they did not want the manner to be homicide. They eventually came around and the death certificate was completed as it should have been.

Our region of 5 counties has just recorded it's largest one day jump since all of this started. Our hospital and ICU numbers continue to increase, and the same can be said for state wide.

Guess Memorial Day is catching up with us.

We’re declining steadily, with lots of empty hospital beds.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Here we're down to practically nothing. 172 active cases left in the province, eleven hospitalized, five in ICU. Nobody has died of it in a couple of weeks, I believe. Around 2700 confirmed total since the beginning, mostly in care homes. Recovery rate is 87% (naturally most of the survivors die within a few months anyway, because they're in care homes and running out of time to begin with.)

Median age of death has dropped from 86 at the beginning, all the way down to 85. Still above the average life expectancy in the province.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    FFX County. I just saw the double lung transplant of a 20 year old... yeah... Not sending my kids back anytime soon. Of course that is not the norm but the risks aren'tworth it to me.
    We're in Loudoun county and also struggling with these decisions. We have options and don't NEED to send our 2.5 year old to summer pre-school but she's developmentally delayed and greatly benefitted from her first eight weeks in, before the pandemic.

By the way, it's hard to overstate the quality of PF generally and the value of posts in this thread specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Donated blood today and discovered they are testing all donations for antibodies. I doubt I have them, but I still can't wait to see the official answer in 2 weeks...
    Disappointed, but not surprised to find I don't have the antibodies. Still, the test was a nice bonus for giving blood so I'd encourage all who can donate to do so...

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post

Also... Looks like FDA approved KN95 spec masks on Friday. Just need proof of authenticity.
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/03/polit...ria/index.html
    In a separate WTS post, RoyGBiv is offering KN95 masks for sale. I thought I'd relate my experience with the product he offers.
    I'm a member of a volunteer ambulance corps in a small town in Bergen county, NJ,. Bergen county ended up being one of the hardest hit areas in the country. Back in March, when it became obvious that COVID-19 was going to be a serious problem, we and many other organizations tried to stock up on PPE, but it was already too late. All the usual suppliers were out of stock with no idea when they would be able to obtain more. In a PM RoyGBiv reached out to me with an offer of KN95 masks. We placed two orders for ourselves and several other volunteer ambulance corps in our area. Both orders were filled promptly and the masks were of excellent quality. Having these masks made a huge difference in our ability to respond safely. In my experience, you can trust both the product and RoyGBiv's ethical business practices.
    Real guns have hammers.

Can't say I'm surprised to hear that @RoyGBiv is a class act, but it's good to read it here.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List