Page 593 of 725 FirstFirst ... 93493543583591592593594595603643693 ... LastLast
Results 5,921 to 5,930 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    THANKS! is a gross understatement.

All ok for now. Hoping to not have to take you up on this very appreciated offer.
    Folks are doing it for us and our kiddo, can only do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrkBlue View Post
    A number of the states, all with Republican Governors, did just this. Their metrics aren’t much better nor worse than nearby lockdown states. They are a fair bit worse on some measures than the most severe lockdown states.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/tracker/overview
    Two states to compare would be OH and WA. Both went into hard lock down early. OH has a GOP governor and WA a dem. OH isn't doing real well now with numbers going up.

The lock down probably saved us from a nat'l catastrophe but it doesn't seem to be definitive.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Wuflu exposure

My wife tested positive yesterday.

She was exposed by being in the room in a meeting with a person that was infected and was not showing symptoms for about an hour on the 10th. No physical contact exposure although neither were wearing masks. She is fairly certain that she sanitized her hands after leaving the meeting which is her habit but she is not sure. The person in question started showing symptoms over the weekend (lost sense of taste/smell) and she came home from work in the morning of 14th as a precaution but otherwise felt fine. She began feeling bad with some muscle pain and a low grade fever on the 15th but otherwise no symptoms. The vector's test results came in on the 16th as positive and she felt a little worse so she scheduled a test for the 17th.

She felt better on the 17th and debated getting tested since she felt "normal" but went ahead and got tested anyway. On the 18th she started feeling worse and her low grade fever came back and she had diarrhea. She was working from home and just quit, because she didn't feel good. That is really odd for her because she works at home all the time.

Then on the morning of the 19th she lost her sense of smell completely and then most of her sense of taste. She noted that she could not smell her lemon scented hand soap. Then she took a noticeable turn for the worse. Her fever was 100.1 and was extremely tired with a sore throat. She started sneezing and coughing on everything in the house. She just wanted to sleep. This continued through until the morning of the 21st when she got her results back. She did not have a fever most of the 21st. She has been feeling better and hopefully won't have a 3rd round.

I am apparently either immune or asymptomatic, since I have been cooped up with her in the house with no social distancing since the 12th other than her going to work for a couple of hours on the 14th. I did have a bout of diarrhea on the 12th but otherwise have felt completely normal although my sense of smell seems to be MORE sensitive than normal. But it might be because I am paying more attention than normal looking for symptoms but I have really been noticing how every stinks. Unlike Spiderman who got bitten by a radioactive spider and gained spider senses, I was sneezed on by a Chinese bat flu infected wife and gained the ability to smell a stinky shit from 2 rooms away.

Both of us are in our 40's without any comorbidities. If any of the medical professionals would like more detailed medical histories/details please feel free to PM me.

Just thought it would be an interesting 1st person interaction story for the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Crow Hunter View Post
    My wife tested positive yesterday...

Just thought it would be an interesting 1st person interaction story for the group.
    Hang tough -- we're all pulling for you both.
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Crow Hunter View Post
    My wife tested positive yesterday.

She was exposed by being in the room in a meeting with a person that was infected and was not showing symptoms for about an hour on the 10th. No physical contact exposure although neither were wearing masks. She is fairly certain that she sanitized her hands after leaving the meeting which is her habit but she is not sure. The person in question started showing symptoms over the weekend (lost sense of taste/smell) and she came home from work in the morning of 14th as a precaution but otherwise felt fine. She began feeling bad with some muscle pain and a low grade fever on the 15th but otherwise no symptoms. The vector's test results came in on the 16th as positive and she felt a little worse so she scheduled a test for the 17th.

She felt better on the 17th and debated getting tested since she felt "normal" but went ahead and got tested anyway. On the 18th she started feeling worse and her low grade fever came back and she had diarrhea. She was working from home and just quit, because she didn't feel good. That is really odd for her because she works at home all the time.

Then on the morning of the 19th she lost her sense of smell completely and then most of her sense of taste. She noted that she could not smell her lemon scented hand soap. Then she took a noticeable turn for the worse. Her fever was 100.1 and was extremely tired with a sore throat. She started sneezing and coughing on everything in the house. She just wanted to sleep. This continued through until the morning of the 21st when she got her results back. She did not have a fever most of the 21st. She has been feeling better and hopefully won't have a 3rd round.

I am apparently either immune or asymptomatic, since I have been cooped up with her in the house with no social distancing since the 12th other than her going to work for a couple of hours on the 14th. I did have a bout of diarrhea on the 12th but otherwise have felt completely normal although my sense of smell seems to be MORE sensitive than normal. But it might be because I am paying more attention than normal looking for symptoms but I have really been noticing how every stinks. Unlike Spiderman who got bitten by a radioactive spider and gained spider senses, I was sneezed on by a Chinese bat flu infected wife and gained the ability to smell a stinky shit from 2 rooms away.

Both of us are in our 40's without any comorbidities. If any of the medical professionals would like more detailed medical histories/details please feel free to PM me.

Hope she pulls through speedily.

My kiddo was cleared yesterday to go back to class. He sounded light years healthier and more energetic last night on the phone than he has since his diagnosis.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingate's Hairbrush View Post
    Hang tough -- we're all pulling for you both.
    Medically we are both doing great.

Now being cooped up in the house together with limited food choices (rural area you either have to kill it or go get it yourself), lots of guns and both trying to work from home on the same internet....

Deaths shifting away from large cities to more rural areas:

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...-growing-share

“...the share of COVID-19 deaths outside places considered large metro areas by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has grown dramatically since the country passed its first 100,000 deaths. Then, about a fifth of deaths came from places outside large metro areas. In the second 100,000 deaths, that share jumped to nearly half.”

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Two states to compare would be OH and WA. Both went into hard lock down early. OH has a GOP governor and WA a dem. OH isn't doing real well now with numbers going up.

The lock down probably saved us from a nat'l catastrophe but it doesn't seem to be definitive.
    OH has a RINO governor, so I'm not sure it counts.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    Deaths shifting away from large cities to more rural areas:

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...-growing-share

“...the share of COVID-19 deaths outside places considered large metro areas by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has grown dramatically since the country passed its first 100,000 deaths. Then, about a fifth of deaths came from places outside large metro areas. In the second 100,000 deaths, that share jumped to nearly half.”
    No way..... (JK... No Idea, actually)

Name:  No Way.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  67.4 KB
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

nevermind. But really, NPR?

User Tag List