Page 708 of 725 FirstFirst ... 208608658698706707708709710718 ... LastLast
Results 7,071 to 7,080 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Site Supporter
    My co worker who had COVID is now dealing with a bad stomach virus. Think he is wishing for the COVID over what he has now.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    My co worker who had COVID is now dealing with a bad stomach virus. Think he is wishing for the COVID over what he has now.
    I remember distinctly having to open the windows of the house on a blustery winter day when my whole family came down with norovirus because of how many kids (and adults) were shitting their pants spontaneously.

It can be gnarly. Hope he hangs in there and that his immune system wasn't compromised by the COVID or any weird long haul symptoms.

Speaking of...a colleague of mine was just medically retired due to persistent tachycardia and shortness of breath due to COVID. I'm sure she would have preferred the ravaging diarrhea for a few days straight. As long as I've known her, she was the one who looked after families who were less fortunate. She would deliver toys and food and gift baskets that the ICU unit council would purchase with donations from the nurses and doctors.

Now she will be receiving one herself.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Just another story. Talked to a guy who had it two months ago. Really sick for a week. Had to monitor oxygen but not on a ventilator. Really still weak and has significant brain fog. Suffering from bad word finding. 49 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Just another story. Talked to a guy who had it two months ago. Really sick for a week. Had to monitor oxygen but not on a ventilator. Really still weak and has significant brain fog. Suffering from bad word finding. 49 years old.
    I read something the other day about “long haulers” reporting some relief in symptoms after receiving the vaccine. Don’t think there’s enough data out there about that to make a determination, though.

A couple of my buddies, both in the high-risk category, have both refused to get the vaccine. They were both diagnosed with COVID last week. One was in pretty rough shape, but an antibody treatment seems to have turned it around. I think they both wish they’d gone ahead and gotten the vaccine, but neither one will admit it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    I remember distinctly having to open the windows of the house on a blustery winter day when my whole family came down with norovirus because of how many kids (and adults) were shitting their pants spontaneously.

It can be gnarly. Hope he hangs in there and that his immune system wasn't compromised by the COVID or any weird long haul symptoms.

Speaking of...a colleague of mine was just medically retired due to persistent tachycardia and shortness of breath due to COVID. I'm sure she would have preferred the ravaging diarrhea for a few days straight. As long as I've known her, she was the one who looked after families who were less fortunate. She would deliver toys and food and gift baskets that the ICU unit council would purchase with donations from the nurses and doctors.

Now she will be receiving one herself.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Wish her the best!

Norovirus is the sickest I’ve ever been. Vomiting 40 times and crapping myself on the way to vomit/crap more.

Thought I was better. Ate Chick fil a.... vomited one more time. Guess it was one last jab from the virus. From the start of the virus until I was full recovered was probably at least a week.

We have a guy that still works a limited schedule. He will be 80. He got COVID, didn’t feel a thing. Got the same 24 hour bug his family got, got over it in 12.

His health regiment involves insane amounts of gratuitous stress, minimal rest, vitamins and tasty cake junk food. Maybe he has the secret to the fountain of youth.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    I read something the other day about “long haulers” reporting some relief in symptoms after receiving the vaccine. Don’t think there’s enough data out there about that to make a determination, though.

A couple of my buddies, both in the high-risk category, have both refused to get the vaccine. They were both diagnosed with COVID last week. One was in pretty rough shape, but an antibody treatment seems to have turned it around. I think they both wish they’d gone ahead and gotten the vaccine, but neither one will admit it.

When you are sick enough, you’ll wish for anything. I’m probably one of the few at PF who will not take the vaccine.

If I haven’t already had COVID, and I get COVID, and I get sick enough, I bet I will wish I had taken it while I’m sick. If I get better, which is not guaranteed but overwhelmingly likely, I’ll be glad I didn’t.

Again each person has to make their own choices and take their own risks.

Wish her the best!

Norovirus is the sickest I’ve ever been. Vomiting 40 times and crapping myself on the way to vomit/crap more.

Thought I was better. Ate Chick fil a.... vomited one more time. Guess it was one last jab from the virus. From the start of the virus until I was full recovered was probably at least a week.

We have a guy that still works a limited schedule. He will be 80. He got COVID, didn’t feel a thing. Got the same 24 hour bug his family got, got over it in 12.

His health regiment involves insane amounts of gratuitous stress, minimal rest, vitamins and tasty cake junk food. Maybe he has the secret to the fountain of youth.
    Try getting Noro the day after you break four ribs... I was contemplating a request to put me in an induced coma.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    The night of Pfizer #1 I was feeling fine, shot skeet with my buddies and went to eat as usual, and on the way home (~20min) came as close to shitting my pants as I can remember. Got away with just a skid mark.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Try getting Noro the day after you break four ribs... I was contemplating a request to put me in an induced coma.
    Every time I think I’ve got it bad, I’m humbled. Wow man, that’s hard to even try to imagine.

Every time I think I’ve got it bad, I’m humbled. Wow man, that’s hard to even try to imagine.
    One of my buddies beat me on this one.. He caught noro days after being outfitted with a halo for a broken neck

User Tag List