Page 110 of 725 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160210610 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    Outside of this thread I feel like there is no information. I don't consume MSM, visit news websites, and the like. In general I avoid the news because its fear mongering garbage and my life is better without it. Anything I need to know I find out about anyway.

I listened to what the news had to say about this... and got nothing. Don't panic, but we don't have any information. They can't say how wide spread this is, how fatal it is, or what impact it will have. But, don't panic it's fine.

Information is what alleviates panic. If accurate information doesn't soon reach folks outside this thread there is very likely to be widespread social panic and everything that means.

-Cory
    If I'm still alive in 3 weeks there will be hope. Posting from a secured location.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post

Asian-Americans Terrified of Coronavirus Backlash Stock Up on Guns

My LGS here in central TX says they are seeing multiple Asian first time gun buyers citing this issue.
    My friend works at a store here in the Bay Area. His response when I texted him on the 29th:

"Yes. Especially Chinese people who have specifically been worried about unrest related to corona virus. No joke"

And on the 4th:

"Jesus all of Chinatown is here today. The line just to take fsc is an hour right now"

I'll say this- if you ever wanted to go on a cruise, you'll never find better prices!
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Name:  6FDA699C-9428-4AB7-9C5E-1F9B507ABAC2.jpeg
Views: 438
Size:  28.6 KB

Name:  CEAB6368-6B5E-4F62-824E-6B03334A142F.gif
Views: 396
Size:  70.5 KB
    #RESIST

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Welcome, brother! I’ll give you access to the secret forum and send the tattoo design over.
    Sweet... I could always use more ink, plus being on another watch list is about my speed anyway

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    An example is that Lobster is apparently at an all time low because of the cancellation of the Lunar New Year holiday in China and other parts of Asia. US Lobster companies are laying people off because the demand is so low.
    Lobster sales to China had been low since China attached a 25% tariff to lobsters exported from the US. China just began allowing importers to apply for exemptions, but none of those apparently took hold before the Covid-19 outbreak.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Our first confirmed case was a (drum roll).....medical student. Got back from a trip to a high-risk area in Italy, was told to self-quarantine, and went out partying instead. I've heard that he's not winning any popularity contests on social media right now.

The long asymptomatic incubation period makes it especially hard to judge the immediate risk by the number of reported cases locally.

I feel sorry for all the businesses getting slammed, especially the entertainment and performing arts venues that rely on getting crowds together indoors. That's probably not going to go so well for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by deflave View Post
    If it kills me, it gonna have a huge fan base. LOL.
    Some of us may buy the virus some corona in that case

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Well, we’ll see what happens here in a minute.

If the AHA numbers are right, 480,000 dead Americans would only make this the single deadliest thing since...well pretty much ever, actually.

292k KIA/MIA in WW2
    214k KIA/MIA in Civil War
    53.5k in WW1
    44k in Korea
    37k in Vietnam
    5.6k in GWOT

Hey - no big deal - what’s a death count that approximates every 20th and 21st century war we fought in, combined, among friends? This will only be 2.25x the body count of the Civil War - the single deadliest event to occur on American soil - EVER - No big deal, right? Right.

You all better hope the numbers are wrong. But I’m not seeing a lot that suggests they are. Let’s all hope and if you’re a praying sort, pray - because it won’t be a random spread of 1 in every 662 Americans that dies.
    Your figures for the Civil War appear to be low. It was more in the vicinity of 750,000 out of a population of less than a tenth of today's population.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List