Page 30 of 725 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130530 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Quote Originally Posted by TiroFijo View Post
    For the aproximately 2,400 infection cases reported outside of China (much more trustworhty number than the chinese), we are hitting a 1.5% death rate so far...
    This is a good statistic to follow, however I think it’s to early to draw conclusions based on how long this thing seems to take to progress. The biggest issue IMO is that we have so little data that we can rely on. Trust the Chineese data iat your own risk. 😐

Frankly it’s annoyingly how much certainty people (no you or anyone here) talk about something that we have no real information on. The information we do have is not good news.

Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Anyone looked at the stock market this morning? 5 day change down almost 5%. The virus may not be killing a lot of people yet but the market is reacting. WH wants money from congress for a Covid-19 battle because they know the healthcare system is going to be hammered hard. They're just trying to get ahead of it. Wait until someone in congress or the WH gets it. Landscape rapidly changing.
    Last edited by Borderland; 02-24-2020 at 12:12 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Time is of the essence...

I expect there are many cases in the US that are not being tested or identified. As in Italy and South Korea, once they started testing a wider group of people they began confirming many cases. We will keep our collective head buried in the sand until it is jerked out by numbers too large to continue to ignore. Once that happens the panic will spread very quickly. We can see from Italy and South Korea once that panic occurs, the stores are empty in just a few hours. It is prudent to buy now.

Quote Originally Posted by wasserpistole View Post
    I expect there are many cases in the US that are not being tested or identified. As in Italy and South Korea, once they started testing a wider group of people they began confirming many cases. We will keep our collective head buried in the sand until it is jerked out by numbers too large to continue to ignore. Once that happens the panic will spread very quickly. We can see from Italy and South Korea once that panic occurs, the stores are empty in just a few hours. It is prudent to buy now.
    Going to the bank today and checking the doomsday supplies. No BS. Wife may be cancelling a trip to Italy if they don't get a handle on this pretty soon.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    I travel a lot for business domestic and international. I was planning to vacation in Italy later this year in the same area that seems to be impacted by the virus and it appears that travel in Italy is being impacted. Will be interesting to see impact on some of the large trade shows in Europe like Hanover Messe. Also, the potential impact on the 2020 Olympics? A number of my "road warrior" friends and acquaintances are modifying travel plans due to concerns.

Hubei, the Chinese province at the centre of the outbreak, announced on Thursday that it would extend a shutdown of non-essential businesses to March 11.
    Many workers are quarantined at home and unable to return to work, while those who return must use two masks a day if they are on a production line. “How do you guarantee you have enough masks for all the workers?” said John Zeng, an analyst at LMC Automotive in Shanghai.

General Motors and one of its Chinese partners, Guangzhou Automotive, have announced that they will make the masks themselves.
    https://www.ft.com/content/b5392370-...1-482eed0038b1

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    I travel a lot for business domestic and international. I was planning to vacation in Italy later this year in the same area that seems to be impacted by the virus and it appears that travel in Italy is being impacted. Will be interesting to see impact on some of the large trade shows in Europe like Hanover Messe. Also, the potential impact on the 2020 Olympics? A number of my "road warrior" friends and acquaintances are modifying travel plans due to concerns.
    My son informed me yesterday that oldest grandaughter and her fiance are planning a honeymoon trip to Japan late June, possibly for the olympics!

She's smart, educated, cute, vivacious and oblivious!
    Going to have to talk to that girl!

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    this entire thread is ok doomer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    Good summary updated multiple times per day: https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/a...23467b48e9ecf6
    I liked this source, too.

Now, unfortunately, it seems to require some kind of sign-in to see the data.

User Tag List