Page 687 of 725 FirstFirst ... 187587637677685686687688689697 ... LastLast
Results 6,861 to 6,870 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Would I be an asshole if I started walking the dog or jogging - with a surgical mask - in my neighborhood? I typically encounter maybe 4 others - all over 6' away and only for a few seconds.

Tested positive PCR 1/6
    Tested negative PCR 1/9
    awaiting results PCR 1/11 - eta "4-6 days"

Never had symptoms, but the CDC says don't break isolation until 10 days after 1st positive or until after getting 2 negatives more than 24 hours apart...

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Would I be an asshole if I started walking the dog or jogging - with a surgical mask - in my neighborhood? I typically encounter maybe 4 others - all over 6' away and only for a few seconds.

Tested positive PCR 1/6
    Tested negative PCR 1/9
    awaiting results PCR 1/11 - eta "4-6 days"

Never had symptoms, but the CDC says don't break isolation until 10 days after 1st positive or until after getting 2 negatives more than 24 hours apart...

Personally I think if you're wearing a mask, outdoors and staying very far away from the couple people you see as you pass by, those are generally reasonable precautions on your part. I assume jogging will result in higher likelihood of spread so if you're really worried you could take an extra wide pass when running.

Things are looking up for Mom today, though she is nowhere near out of the woods, yet. I've not heard yet how her pneumonia is doing, but the supplemental oxygen requirements are dropping toward home-equipment sustainable levels. Please oh please don't let there be another blood clot......

Here's hoping the other folks dealing with this themselves or with loved ones are seeing similar hope.

And thanks to everyone for the kind words and wishes.
    Last edited by Lex Luthier; 01-13-2021 at 05:51 PM.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Site Supporter
    Breaking q-tine is not cool.

Be cool.

Blessings to you and yours in this time.

I would defer to one of the MD/DO/PhDs on the forum with training/experience and education in this area.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Moot point - the 3rd test came in ahead of schedule and it was also negative so I'm free.

I'm thinking the first was a false positive since the person with the fever that caused me to seek asymptomatic testing ultimately tested negative, as did everyone she came into contact with along with everyone I contacted. According to the CDC PCR false positives don't happen when everything is done correctly, but too high of a cycle threshold may detect inactive virus or even background contamination. MIT estimated their PCR false positive at less than 1 in 1500. Cambridge puts theirs at 0.3%. A study of health care workers in Long Island found that 1.6% of those who had tested positive had no antibodies. On the other hand, one case of contamination at a NJ lab resulted in 77 false positives for the NFL.

I'll get an antibody test tomorrow and donate blood on the 1st (which also tests for antibodies) so I should eventually find out for sure-ish whether I actually had it...
    Last edited by 0ddl0t; 01-14-2021 at 04:25 AM.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/Oximeter-Fing.../dp/B0873BTNWD

Try something like this instead. See how it has the section where there is a little saw toothed wave? Each peak corresponds to a heart beat, but more importantly, if the wave isn't a regular wave...if it looks janky and uneven...then the numerical reading you get might not be correct. It's a way some pulse oximeters have to show interference/artifact.
    Thanks for that. I just ordered one.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Thanks for that. I just ordered one.
    I ordered one as well just after I came down with the head cold I'm recovering from (think I mentioned it up thread). If nothing else, it has given me peace of mind.

Chris

Praying for all of you.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Got my first dose of the vaccine this AM (Pfizer). happy to get that taken care of. Next dose scheduled for Feb 4.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Got my first dose of the vaccine this AM (Pfizer). happy to get that taken care of. Next dose scheduled for Feb 4.
    You and the other medical types posting in this thread have helped keep me sane these past 10 months. A big THANKS to you all...

Hopefully the beginning of the end of the worry for you. Looking forward to getting mine when my number comes up.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

User Tag List