Page 243 of 725 FirstFirst ... 143193233241242243244245253293343 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,430 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    I'm wondering if Russia's ability to take care of the infected masses will make us look like super-tzars.
    They’ll simply cook the books and lie to the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Victoria’s Secret, after temporarily suspending in-store bra fittings, is closing all their stores. Still paying their employees, however. Some of my junior college students work there. So at least they will still be pulling a paycheck while they aren’t going to classes or work.

They will cook books. They also just told masses of asymptomatic people to self quarantine for 14 days. My mom's Pedagogical University and dad's Medical Academy almost every is sent home. Mom still has to go in for some stupid admin shit. Multiple medical facilities are used to quarantine people too, and military installations are self quarantined. My dad was based in the military hospital, students were doing a rotation there, they literally kicked them out on one day's notice and shut the doors to the external world.

They will test very few and they will let people die and I am petrified for my parents and family, but totalitarian countries are better positioned to curb the spread than places where people keep holding USPSA matches and spring break parties.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Site Supporter
    I have no idea if these are worth squat. Our med folks can comment. I saw this while on their site watching Sumo.

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/o...video/9999020/

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Well...fuck.

We ventured out today at noon to refuel Mrs. Rich's vehicle at Costco. Roads were pretty quiet. Our Costco fuel station is normally pretty busy, but today only had about 4 cars in the 6 islands / 12 pumps.

We decided to get some cash for the safe. First bank we tried declined the amount we were looking for, then we went to another bank's ATM and withdrew part of what we wanted. Both banks had hand sanitizer out at or near the ATMs.

Lunch was a drive through a "PDQ" restaurant; it's a chicken strip place that's new ish and (hopefully) clean.

I wore a pair of rubber coated fabric gloves to pump gas, and we cleaned off what we could of the items that passed through the driver's window with one of those disposable disinfecting wipes. Am I just pissing in the wind doing this?

At work we are meant to stay home unless we need to be in plant, and only then if approved at the Director level (I am labor, not management lol). Been on the VPN on my laptop, mostly. Our contracts are pretty much build stuff, then deploy to USAF, but there's always some SDRL or other we can work on.

Working from home in our new apartment is interesting. Mrs. Rich now understands if I have my earphones in, I am either on a call or listening to music trying to knock out a document. Plus I wear my lanyard when I am "at work" as a signal she knows I'm engaged. I take off my lanyard, and I am now "at home". I am able to keep a pretty good schedule this way, and be at least somewhat productive. Only have to take breaks for coffee, take Miss Sunnydays for a walk, etc. You guys have any tips for sharing workspace at home you can pass on, I'm all ears.
    Name:  DB8D5856-509A-4957-BED3-427B5D75C656.jpg
Views: 503
Size:  38.5 KB

Name:  17DBB236-6803-45EF-9535-32978C6AD700.jpg
Views: 496
Size:  43.7 KB

More fun with projections, including nifty colored maps: https://projects.propublica.org/grap...ovid-hospitals
    Name:  mspd.jpg
Views: 512
Size:  60.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    I have no idea if these are worth squat. Our med folks can comment. I saw this while on their site watching Sumo.

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/o...video/9999020/
    Not a med folk, but I can tell you there is a lot more to N95 and other surgical masks than simple corrugated paper towels. Would this work to screen viruses from entering your system, unlikely. Would it slow your snot bubble from spreading as far when you sneeze or cough, probably. Can it screen out large particulates, maybe. Will it hurt if you wear one. Probably not, unless you treat it as a permanent mask instead of a disposable one. You could trap moisture and whatever gets attracted to said moisture and create a truly unsanitary breathing portal. Maybe also give you a false sense of security and lead you into trouble should you not use common sense...

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    8k infections, 143 deaths per NYT. When did we break 100 - monday?

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    8k infections, 143 deaths per NYT. When did we break 100 - monday?

More or less, yes.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

User Tag List