Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Support gear for Ruger Speed Six

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    Did you check directly with Bianchi/Safariland?
    Safariland does not sell directly outside of the US.

Can a Pachmayr stock meant for a Security Six be used on a Speed Six?

Can't help you with the leather but a P95 semi auto Ruger front sight will interchange with your SS sight. You can get that sight in a night sight version. Trijicon or Meprolight. Same keyway cut on both weapons for front sight.

Site Supporter
    The security six and service six are square butt. the speed six is a round butt; so no they don’t use the same grips.

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Can a Pachmayr stock meant for a Security Six be used on a Speed Six?
    Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    The security six and service six are square butt. the speed six is a round butt; so no they don’t use the same grips.

Yeah, but....

The corners of the Speed-Six grip frame are rounded, compared to the Security/Service-Six. But the difference is not so dramatic as on a S&W K frame. I would expect some gaps at the lower corner of a grip with an exposed backstrap, but something like the Presentation grip may work ok.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    I would expect some gaps at the lower corner of a grip with an exposed backstrap, but something like the Presentation grip may work ok.
    Thanks!

I tried to keep my post short and sweet for once and managed to leave out that I was looking for the Presentation stocks. Not exactly what I was hoping for, for the Speed Six, but I know from previous experience that they work well even with heavy recoiling, and they are available. I'm going to try these. I should have them by late June, we'll see then whether they fit or not.

A package just arrived.

Inside it was a set of old Pachmayr Presentation stocks I bought from an Ye Olde Militaria Shoppe in the UK. (Surprisingly fast shipping! I wasn't expecting them for another week or two.) They came with a cute old style box that was pretty beat up, they were grungy, and the stocks had (well, have...) an authentic mil-surp smell. About ten seconds with an old toothbrush and some liquid soap got rid of the whateverthehell was on the stocks, but unfortunately the smell still lingers (and in fact, now my hands smell like musty old milsurp ).

Anyways, a quick scrub, rinse and dry later I soon had the stocks on the gun. And what do you know, it felt like a perfect fit! Once the mounting screw was tightened, grabbing the revolver in one hand and the stocks in another, I was unable to make the stocks wiggle in any direction. The gun functions like it should, nothing feels impeded in any way. And it looks like there is room for a HKS speed loader next to the grip as well, although since I destroyed my snap caps in this calibre I didn't test this very thoroughly. But I have high hopes for the upcoming live fire test!

Name:  IMG_20200604_180434594.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  37.8 KB

It was a bit tricky to take a picture that shows the size difference between the two stocks, but it is not very significant. Main difference is that one is a round butt stock and the other squared - height-wise, width-wise they seem quite similar. Even the trigger reach doesn't seem to be affected too much!

Name:  IMG_20200604_180456276.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  36.0 KB

The shop had two sizes of Pachmayr Presentation grips for Security Sixes. This one was described as "small".

User Tag List