Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Support gear for Ruger Speed Six

I'm local to JMCK and I have a Speed Six. PM me if you'd like me to bring it by for you to check fitment.

I agree with the others based on my empirical experience as well; leather K-Frame holsters will work. For a field holster, Bianchi's UM84R will work for both K, L, and GP100-sized revolvers.

Years ago, I had Blade-Tech make a kydex IWB form my 4" Security Six; it's very much my go-to holster for most carry and competition (IDPA) needs, but I have no idea if they're still making the same holster.

My thought is that the -Six trigger guard shape differentiation between K-Frame revolvers is sufficiently different that it alone might induce fit issues precluding commonality/shared use with kydex holsters between the manufacturers. In kydex, I counsel a specifically fitting holster for a given specific gun.

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    My thought is that the -Six trigger guard shape differentiation between K-Frame revolvers is sufficiently different
    Good point, Tony also does a 3" GP, perhaps that would be easier to adapt/tweak/tighten.

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    A JMCK holster would be great. What say you, @Tony Mayer? Would a Ruger Speed Six fit into a S&W holster, either K-frame or L-frame?
    My 3” Service Six (square butt, fixed sights) fits in my IWB #3 for my 4” GP100 better than the K frame version of the same holster.

But it fits my Tiffany Blue AIWB for a 3” K frame perfectly.

Go figure

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Guy View Post
    I'm local to JMCK and I have a Speed Six. PM me if you'd like me to bring it by for you to check fitment.

Dog Guy, will do. Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    Dog Guy, will do. Thanks
    Did you guys have a chance to test fit a Ruger Six in some holsters?

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Did you guys have a chance to test fit a Ruger Six in some holsters?
    Not yet, sorry. Been burning the candle at both ends. Will hopefully have something in the next few days. Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Guy View Post
    Dog Guy, can you swing by my shop this Friday?

Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

My 2.75” and 4” Speed Sixes fit perfectly into my JMCK AIWB 3” GP100 holster. The 4” protrudes through the bottom opening, of course. I acquired the holster second-hand, so am unsure of the exact AIWB variant, but I would think (?) that JMCK uses the same GP100 mold for all Holster models.

This same holster fits my 3” GP100 perfectly, too, so it was not tweaked to fit the Speed Sixes.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    I would think (?) that JMCK uses the same GP100 mold for all Holster models.
    It appears there might be some sort of variance, as reported by Norville earlier. Looking forward to hearing the test results from the fitting.

Bunch of leather holster options out there for immediate purchase, but it seems all of them have 1 3/4" belt loops. My belts, and belt loops, tend to be 1 1/2".

User Tag List