Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone using a Safariland 6377 mounted to a UBL as a uniform duty holster?

Anyone using a Safariland 6377 mounted to a UBL as a uniform duty holster?

Is anyone using a Safariland 6377 mounted to a UBL as a duty holster?

Safariland makes it for the gun I want in the 6377, but not in the 6360/6390.

Site Supporter
    I used a 6377 / UBL combo on duty for about a month while I waited for my 6360 to come in.

As delivered, it'll ride lower on the UBL due to the placement of the threaded studs. They're pressed into the plastic from inside the holster. Rather than press mine out, I scavenged a second trio of studs from another of the dozen or so SF holsters in the gear bin.

With the studs in the second set of mounting holes, it'll ride at the same height as a mid-ride SF duty holster.

Edit to add: Just remembered...

If you plan on leaving it attached to the UBL, I would press out the original threaded studs and use them in the secondary holes. I left mine and used a second set because I planned on bolting the original belt loop back on when the new holster came in.

If you leave the original studs in, you'll need to drill a relief hole in the UBL for one of them to clear. (6360 currently mounted)
    Last edited by kwb377; 01-21-2020 at 10:47 PM.

I ran a 6377 on a hi ride UBL (6072) for a while due to weird uniform requirements. If the ride height of the standard UBL causes issues for you that might be a combo to try.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    Is anyone using a Safariland 6377 mounted to a UBL as a duty holster?

Safariland makes it for the gun I want in the 6377, but not in the 6360/6390.

What gun?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    What gun?
    A 4" barrel 1911.

Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    A 4" barrel 1911.
    ...and I'm just researching the feasibility.

Anyone using a Safariland 6377 mounted to a UBL as a uniform duty holster?

I am doing it. It works fine. I cant say is the 6377 is more or less sturdy than the duty versions, but it fits on the UBL fine, and is easy to use.
    Last edited by Gadfly; 01-22-2020 at 01:13 PM.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

I prefer the older belt loop style that came on the 070 and earlier 6280 holsters. For me it rode better, more comfortable and seemed more secure, and the allen screws anchoring to the belt was nice.

Dating myself... I know. I started in 1991...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by medic15al View Post
    I prefer the older belt loop style that came on the 070 and earlier 6280 holsters. For me it rode better, more comfortable and seemed more secure, and the allen screws anchoring to the belt was nice.

Dating myself... I know. I started in 1991...
    I hated everything about the 070. I've ripped two holsters (old, probably dry) off the the belt loop shanks during weapon retention training.

070 saved a co-worker's life. He was jumped by 2 on an isolated post near mine and they yanked his pants and belt up near his armpit trying to get the pistol. I heard the shots from his hideout BUG and when I got there he was really complaining about the "Wedgie from hell".....

This was '93 or therabouts.

User Tag List