Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Henry Lever X line...

Henry Lever X line...

I’ll just leave this here. You interested folks already know who you are.

https://www.henryusa.com/rifles/big-boy-x-model/

(There’s also a 45-70, for folks who bought a DVD copy of "wind river" at Target over the holidays.)
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Interesting how the president of Henry used to tell everyone to pound sand when they asked for a side gate because the tube loading was more traditional and is truer to the original Henry rifle. And now we have this.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Interesting how the president of Henry used to tell everyone to pound sand when they asked for a side gate because the tube loading was more traditional and is truer to the original Henry rifle. And now we have this.
    There's only so many decades you can take of being told that your tube magazine design is objectively stupid before you finally do the right thing.

That thing is rad.

I have a Marlin 1894 44mag that is a great form factor for close range medium game hunting, but it has a few things that bug me about it. This addresses all of those complaints. I'll be buying one.
    The opinions above are my own and do not represent any current or former employer.

For those of us stuck in states run by Democrats, this might be a viable self-defense option.

I am in for a 45-70 and a 44 mag. This is exactly what I have been waiting for. My two favorite hunting past times are stalking hogs with big bore revolvers and big bore lever guns.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jamautry; 01-21-2020 at 08:25 PM.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I will probably try one of these at some point. Not right away, but eventually.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    I got a Henry H001 .22 for Christmas and am extremely pleased with it. If these larger versions operate as smoothly as mine, they will sell a ton of them. My problem will be deciding between .357 vs .44. I can feed both just as easily with handloads. This would have been nice for my treestand deer hunt in the thick woods a couple of weeks ago. This is certainly on my buy list for this year.
    Last edited by deputyG23; 01-22-2020 at 10:23 AM.

I’ve been longing for a lever gun, and was looking just a couple weeks ago, and ruled out Henry because they didn’t offer a side-gate in .357.

And now this.

Great move on Henry’s part, as far as I’m concerned. Looks like they’ll be getting my money instead of a Miroku-Winchester if these things are proven good to go.

User Tag List