Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: .22lr defensive round options

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    My favorite 22LR round after CCI MiniMag is the Aguila Super Extra high velocity. Available under $2/box, extremely accurate and reliable. I've shot thousands of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    I second this. I use the 40 gr Aguila Super Extra high velocity rounds for the local bowling pin match with good effect. I see them as less expensive Mini-Mag. I had solely used the 40 gr Mini-Mag rounds for the bowling pins until I tried the Aguila.
    I third this. Super extra works in all the “only runs with mini mags” rim fires Ive tried it in.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I third this. Super extra works in all the “only runs with mini mags” rim fires Ive tried it in.
    Excellent intel here! I just bought a case for my G44. $210 to my door.

Updated range report:

Added Slip2000 Extreme Weapons Lubricant to the slide rails, but still haven’t cleaned it

40rds of CCI Stinger 32g CPHP (1640fps)
    No issues

120rds of Remington Golden Bullet 36g PHP (1280fps)
    1 failure to extract, but case had ruptured, so ammo related.
    2 duds that fired on second try after rotating where the firing pin struck the rim. Likely ammo related

190rds of Federal Champion 36g CPHP (1260fps)
    2 duds that fired on second try after rotating where the firing pin struck the rim. Likely ammo related
    3 failures to lock back on an empty mag. Pretty sure it wasn’t my grip, and I think I have it isolated to one of my 5 mags, but it still works most of the time so IDK.

10rds of Remington subsonic 38gr LHP (1050fps)
    2 failures to extract/cycle
    1 failure to eject (stovepipe)
    And failure to lock back on empty

Much improved performance than the first trip out. And as expected, it was a hit with a new shooter (female). I’ll attribute the failures during my initial range trip to eject/stovepipes with the Remington Federal as lack of additional lubricant and “break-in”. While no other Glock has every required anything period to run right of of the box, I can accept a .22 being alittle more finicky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

User Tag List