Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Smith 10-7 $220

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    True Americans should own a Model 10 (and some flavor of 1911),
    I have 5 k-frames, but no 1911s.

There's probably a perversion of a biblical quote where I should sell a k-frame (cloak) and buy a 1911 (sword).

The 10-7 is a nice traditional piece, but I find the pencil barrel makes it a bit light at the nose. For shooting, I'd rather have the heavy barrel version. I bought a nearly NIB (minus factory grips) 10-7 15 years ago. I keep it because it's a good example of the class, but it's not one that gets to the range often (been 10 years since I last shot it I think).

Chris

A K-frame .38/.357 is acceptable. Less so if it has a soul-drainhole in the sideplate.
    But are 1917's still acceptable alternate issue for the 1911?

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Half Moon View Post
    A K-frame .38/.357 is acceptable. Less so if it has a soul-drainhole in the sideplate.
    But are 1917's still acceptable alternate issue for the 1911?
    Non unless you own a BAR or a Ma Deuce. It has to be an iconic gun designed by JMB, Jr. (may peace be upon him).
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Non unless you own a BAR or a Ma Deuce. It has to be an iconic gun designed by JMB, Jr. (may peace be upon him).
    Point of order.

St. Browning also designed several iterations of the Winchester lever action rifle, including the epitome of perfection, the 1894. I would find this an acceptable offering, as it is a symbol of American self reliance and rugged individualism.
    Last edited by Lester Polfus; 01-30-2020 at 10:04 PM.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Saved by a .32! I'm claiming the 1903 loophole. I mean, I'm not sure it's iconic but Bogart, Patton...

Gotta stay American. I'm too old to learn to speak Canadian, eh, hoser.

Site Supporter
    Let’s not be narrow minded and not consider Mr. Browning’s shotguns.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My revolveer arrived. Condition is as described. I'm going to give it a good cleaning and take it to the range.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Point of order.

St. Browning also designed several iterations of the Winchester lever action rifle, including the epitome of perfection, the 1894. I would find this an acceptable offering, as it is a symbol of American self reliance and rugged individualism.
    But only if it is a pre-1964 Winchester 94

my winter project

I appreciate Malamute pointing out this deal back in January.

I was able to jump on one and got quite a mechanically strong gun, albeit with a rough finish. I set about to make it what for me is "the perfect .38 carry revolver." I chamfered the chamber mouths, bobbed the hammer, installed 13# TRS, put on a set of used VG's I got from another member here, and finally had my local duracoat/ceracoat guy to refinish it matte black while I had it torn down. All told the project cost me less than $400.

I put it back together this week and today I went out and ran about 250 rounds of assorted ammo. It shoots great. It weighs less than my 3" M65 because of that skinny barrel. I have a strong preference for this 4" barrel in a .38 because it will wring out whatever the ammo has to offer, the gun's weight is such that I can shoot it all day but it is not obnoxious to carry. I am not partial to adjustable S&W sights on a carry gun so these are perfect for me. While I like the VZ grips and they have great speedloader clearance, I am not totally sold. I will likely try some others from my big big box of K frame grips this spring.

I am quite sure it will last longer than I do unless it gets shoved in a government crusher some day....

Name:  sw 10-7 refinished.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  61.7 KB

^^^I regret that I have but one like to give.

Excellent work.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List