Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Smith 10-7 $220

Smith 10-7s $220

Saw this elsewhere, skinny barrel 10s

https://www.classicfirearms.com/smit...-bbl-revolver/
    Last edited by Malamute; 01-20-2020 at 06:12 PM.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Saw this elsewhere, skinny barrel 10s

https://www.classicfirearms.com/smit...-bbl-revolver/
    Mine should arrive Thursday. I will post pics.

Smile I'm hooked on Kings.

Trying my best to avoid classic

Mine came in Wednesday. I completely disassembled it for a detailed cleaning which it really needed. I am reassembling it now and noticed it doesn't have a hammer block. I thought I may have misplaced it but I took detailed pics as soon as I took the side plate off. Sure enough no hammer block. I don't think this is normal but I don't see any evidence of wear marks to indicate a hammer block was ever in place.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightvisionary View Post
    Mine came in Wednesday. I completely disassembled it for a detailed cleaning which it really needed. I am reassembling it now and noticed it doesn't have a hammer block. I thought I may have misplaced it but I took detailed pics as soon as I took the side plate off. Sure enough no hammer block. I don't think this is normal but I don't see any evidence of wear marks to indicate a hammer block was ever in place.

So can you safely carry 6 rounds in it?

no hammer block. I don't think this is normal but I don't see any evidence of wear marks to indicate a hammer block was ever in place.
    It is not normal, all 10-7's were supposed to leave the factory with that part in place, mine (from that same batch) has it.

Just went to order one, all gone

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    It is not normal, all 10-7's were supposed to leave the factory with that part in place, mine (from that same batch) has it.
    Ok, thanks. I will be giving Classic Arms a call tomorrow.

Ok, thanks. I will be giving Classic Arms a call tomorrow.
    If they dont have any of those parts around or offer to get one for you or reimburse you for one, I wouldnt get too worried about it, they are easily available, relatively cheap. and not a fitted part by any means. In a quick look, Ive seen them in the $7 to $12 range. In any event definitely not in the "send it back" category.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    If they dont have any of those parts around or offer to get one for you or reimburse you for one, I wouldnt get too worried about it, they are easily available, relatively cheap. and not a fitted part by any means. In a quick look, Ive seen them in the $7 to $12 range. In any event definitely not in the "send it back" category.
    Classic Ams rep asked me to send pics. I did and am waiting for a resolution. I know the parts are easy to find and install, it will cost about $20 bucks shipped for the part. Not a huge deal but that turns a $220 Good condition gun into a $220 fair or poor condition gun since its missing a part. I am confident Classic Arms will make it right and there was no way they could know that some armorer or police officer had removed it since it functions pretty much as normal. I don't expect them to take the side plates off every gun before they ship and I definitely don't want to send it back since i spent about 5 hours cleaning it and rubbing BLO into the grips.

User Tag List