Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hill People Gear Runner Kit Bag

Hill People Gear Runner Kit Bag

First impressions... I’m extremely pleased with the Hill People Gear Runner Kit Bag, it’s extremely slim front to back and allows me to carry my G19 (spare mag TBD after I find an anchor solution), keys, wallet and cellphone without me getting belted up. This is my quick 5am coffee setup while I’m sneaking out and back in the the house trying not to wake anyone up. Does it scream “gun” to someone else?🤷🏻*♂️ The only people I encounter are the ladies serving me caffeine in the drive through. I’m making some slight tweaks to make it work for me like removing the paracord to the pistol area since it’s only real use for me is to close that compartment. Leaving the tiny gap and using the paracord for the admin pocket on that side allows you to pull open the pistol area quickly and efficiently (practice on not muzzling yourself on the draw!) I use a Dale Fricke trigger cover plus a Tau Development Group Striker Control device to safely “holster” my Glock back up while aiming away from my body or anyone else. I’m thinking I will have plenty other ways to use this bag and I’m going to explore some other sizes including their Belt Pack which I was going to order first but realized it was thicker than I wanted for now.

01/12/20: update below
    I’ve been using this sucker beyond its intended use and I love it! I’m hoping Hill People Gear makes a future Belt Pack that’s only a 1” depth in snubby size that I’d add to my carry routine. I’m actually glad the current Belt Pack took a little longer to come out and I got impatient and ordered the Runner’s bag after a ridiculous amount of research. I’m a big guy so I can get away with a minimalist setup and wear it under my zip up sweater if I want the kit bag concealed. I even wore it open to the convenience store and it’s confirmed what I’ve learned over the years which is that the general public do not pay attention to your appearance. In California so few people have a CCW not many look for others carrying. I did remove the HPG logo (sorry guys) which does stick out IMO. I’d prefer something color coordinated, smaller and subtle. Oh and I even wore it to work and nobody knew until I asked, “Does this make me look fat?” 🤣 The response is that they didn’t even notice it initially, but once you see it you can’t unsee it. This goes to show you that you can be creative when carrying a firearm concealed, and it comes down to each individual’s body type, needs, environment and level of dedication. I don’t carry mouse guns or anything I have problems shooting past non typical handgun distances.

Now with pictures showing the slimness of the Runners bag with a G19, ID/cc/ccw vs my Hawke Pack with just a G26.

Name:  DB9F3989-BC30-4F0D-8945-02E6DBB1A177.jpg
Views: 1276
Size:  82.5 KB
    Name:  34DB8596-4A7A-4D84-8727-FB3836DC49C9.jpg
Views: 1126
Size:  89.5 KB
    Name:  DC273835-BFC7-47E5-9B0D-207BF5AD4DCA.jpg
Views: 984
Size:  37.0 KB
    Name:  21AAC3F4-7C65-4F5E-AC56-C9097EA48797.jpg
Views: 988
Size:  63.6 KB
    Name:  C9CA2CBE-E6A6-4DF5-A97C-A4C005525292.jpg
Views: 1101
Size:  99.4 KB
    Name:  8F3FA24F-497D-4A09-B3B2-9A899DD6E559.jpg
Views: 992
Size:  66.9 KB
    Name:  4A085782-A19A-4633-8D56-6349E96DC295.jpg
Views: 1094
Size:  100.6 KB

They are great bags. I have two a runners and an original 2.0. I run with the runners (obviously) all the time. Usually just an S&W M&P 2.0 compact, my wallet, my phone and a car key it’s pretty maxed out with that. The original is when I’m out hunting or hiking. So useful and no one has said anything or noticed
    Instagram: sometimesishootCs

This gives me ideas. Thanks for posting.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Site Supporter
    My wife bought me the Heavy Recon this Christmas. It plays nicely with my HPG Tara using the included lifter straps and allows me the ability to have some additional storage space for keys, wallet, folder, etc.

It's a bit more overt with the PALS grid up front, but my primary use is for hiking/camping. I think a Runner's KB will be next on my list.

Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Sicks_Two View Post
    My wife bought me the Heavy Recon this Christmas. It plays nicely with my HPG Tara using the included lifter straps and allows me the ability to have some additional storage space for keys, wallet, folder, etc.

It's a bit more overt with the PALS grid up front, but my primary use is for hiking/camping. I think a Runner's KB will be next on my list.
    Easy to disguise with medical gear and/or reflective stuff off of the front PALS.

Example: https://www.goruck.com/ruck-bands-reflective/
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    Easy to disguise with medical gear and/or reflective stuff off of the front PALS.

Example: https://www.goruck.com/ruck-bands-reflective/
    That's a solid idea. Thanks for the suggestion. That'll look a little classier than the BFG 10-Speed Triple M4 Pouch I was considering.

Site Supporter
    I got mine in Red and hung CERT and Red Cross patches on it. Also a HAM radio with external mic.
    I figure if I'm gonna scream tactical, it's best to look medical.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I’ve had my runners KB several years now and love it. My usual load is a G19, small multi tool, SOF TQ, and phone. I have an Izula attached to a grim lock on the exterior. I mostly wear it hunting, hiking, backpacking, or just around my farm. If i wear it in civilization I take the Izula off.

Thread bump for a question: can the front pocket of the Runner's Kit Bag fit a "Max" size iPhone? My phone is 6.5" tall with its case and I'd like to able to hold it vertically in the front pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by oregon45 View Post
    Thread bump for a question: can the front pocket of the Runner's Kit Bag fit a "Max" size iPhone? My phone is 6.5" tall with its case and I'd like to able to hold it vertically in the front pocket.
    It won’t fit vertically

User Tag List