Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Taurus, Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    I wonder how many rubes could be convinced it is a special model set up to take a suppressor...oops! I mean a silencer. (smile)

Dave
    I was thinking the LGS could have drilled some holes in it and called it a compensator.

Every now and then I think, "well maybe Taurus has gotten its act together and I should try one." Then we see things like this.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    I wonder how many rubes could be convinced it is a special model set up to take a suppressor...oops! I mean a silencer. (smile)

Dave
    I thought that was where you attached the bayonet?

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    The LGS was told that roughly 100 of these made it to retail stores. Curious how many steps were missed in the process for that to happen.
    Miguel with the Gun Free Zone blog got one of these as replacement gun from the Rossi recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    In order to make it around the '68 gun control act they import these with "barrels" long enough to meet the import criteria, then saw that extra portion off.
    Not sure if serious... there have been strange things done to get around ‘68 GCA before.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I've seen discussion of those elsewhere, including the info that they all come that way to get into the country.

Having worked with warehouse people before, it doesn't surprise me that a batch got through.

Frankly, I'd pay extra to get one like that, knowing I could end up with the crown I want, not the crown some low-skilled laborer at Taurus' US warehouse thinks is good enough.

Heck, "choose-your-own-gunsmith" crowning would be a significant upgrade on a lot of S&W production.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

We laugh at cutting some holes and turning it into a ported gun, but I wonder if that's not exactly what Rossi and Taurus did with these barrels that stick out from the lug area years ago.
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/861176321

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Might be worth money in fifty years if there are Taurus collectors then.
    This is going to happen and I'm going to wish that COVID-19 had wiped out everyone on earth.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

So I pulled the trigger on a Taurus. For shame. Ok so I have two small frame taurus revolvers and both have been trouble free. One of them a model 85 I gave my father in law back in 1989. I got it back a few years ago when he passed away. Did some long needed cleaning. Loaded it up and shot it. Works just fine. So I am giving the newer manufactured Taurus a try.

https://www.taurususa.com/firearms/r...tte-stainless/

I have ordered this one specifically because it fits my desire for a 7 shot Roscoe in 9mm. The switch cylinder is intriguing but I will probably put the 9mm cylinder on it and shoot away.

I hope I haven't made a mistake. If Ruger had made this configuration in a GP I would have scarfed that up in a heartbeat.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Kind of a typical derpy review, but you do get a real weight for the aluminum frame version at the 3:58 mark.

17 1/4 oz. empty.

-----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonGP100 View Post
    So I pulled the trigger on a Taurus. For shame. Ok so I have two small frame taurus revolvers and both have been trouble free. One of them a model 85 I gave my father in law back in 1989. I got it back a few years ago when he passed away. Did some long needed cleaning. Loaded it up and shot it. Works just fine. So I am giving the newer manufactured Taurus a try.

https://www.taurususa.com/firearms/r...tte-stainless/

I have ordered this one specifically because it fits my desire for a 7 shot Roscoe in 9mm. The switch cylinder is intriguing but I will probably put the 9mm cylinder on it and shoot away.

I hope I haven't made a mistake. If Ruger had made this configuration in a GP I would have scarfed that up in a heartbeat.

Did you ever get this revolver?

User Tag List