Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Taurus, Really?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Did you ever get this revolver?
    Yes I did. My bad though I have yet to shoot it. My take and changes. The factory grip make the reach to the trigger really long. I am used to Ruger GP with the compact grips and this piece is bigger in reach. So I changed grips to a set of Altamonts. The Altamonts are really nice but didn't change the reach much.

The DA pull weight was bad and had some grit to the pull. I took it apart. I polished the hammer spring strut where the spring would rub on it. Not anything hard to do. I do this on Ruger GP and SP series as well. I switched out hammer and trigger return springs from Galloway Precision. Now the DA trigger pull much more acceptable.

I must say the finish on the inside of the revolver and the parts themselves look pretty good. Of course most big parts are MIM but the CNC machining inside looks good.

The revolver fits in any of the leather holsters I have had made for my 3 inch GP 100's.

More to come after I shoot it. I also removed the stupid red tape stripe on the front sight and actually applied sight paint.

Site Supporter
    Almost bought an 856 today. Liked the weight, DAO with a hammer, 6 shots.

However the trigger felt off on a chamber or two and it looked like paint was missing from part of the trigger.

Maybe it was fine and I’m wrong about the trigger. Revolver expertise is not something I posses.

If I trusted it to work I would no doubt get one. It checks most of the boxes I want checked.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    KYGunCo has stainless in stock. Price is higher than it used to be (before anyone could actually ship them). Who's going to be first?

https://www.kygunco.com/Product/View?ItemNo=146721

Tombstone Tactical doesn't show it in stock yet, but still has the best shipped price on gun.deals.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Kind of a typical derpy review, but you do get a real weight for the aluminum frame version at the 3:58 mark.

17 1/4 oz. empty.

I also noticed that it does not have a lock.

User Tag List