Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Taurus, Really?

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Based on reading elsewhere, that feature appears to have been cost-cut from Taurus revolvers several years ago.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

So what exactly is the recent history between Taurus and Rossi? I've shot a Rossi "Circuit Judge" a good bit. The blueing is nice and the action is smooth (no known tuning). It frankly strikes me as a decent choice for the minimally trained as a house gun. In 3 inch .410 5 pellet 000 or maybe better .45 LC. It's the sort of thing that probably wouldn't ever be shot enough to wear it out. Makes me think...
    My apologies to weasels.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Frankly, I don't think I've ever heard of a reliable account of a Taurus revolver going 1K rounds.
    I would give up some useless (but not painless) anatomy for a earlier than mid 90s PT92 or darn near any of their revolvers. Recent guns, not so much. But I have friends from back then that I keep pestering to sell/will me their guns. Given the state of things back then, I would not think there were any reliable accounts of 1k guns, but if I get get one of these from one of my friends I will do a 2k test....

pat

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by vaglocker View Post
    Approaching 1000 rounds and so far I'm really impressed. Initially replaced the springs with the Galloway Precision reduced power hammer and trs springs. Was getting occasional light strikes with the new hammer spring so returned to stock but kept the reduced power trs. Trigger is super smooth and single action is almost too light for my liking but i rarely shoot single action so i'm keeping the current set up. Most of the ammo i've shot through has been 148 wadcutters with maybe 200 standard pressure 38 ball.
    Great to hear it. Which bullet weight are the sights regulated for?

I find myself wanting the Taurus 692 convertble in 2.5 inch version to run 7 shots of 9mm.

Really thinking seriously about it.

Snapped this awhile back. Walked into local shop and the owner exclaims with great enthusiasm he has acquired something I must see. Now, I know this is either going to be an HK of some kind, perhaps a USP Expert, P7M8/13 or, the more likely possibility, something of such epic failure that it baffles the mind. He asks if I have seen the new 856, by Taurus and proceeds to hand me the below example. We then spend the next 15 minutes trying to figure out how many hands and steps this had to go through in order to make it out the door.
    Name:  20200212_164625.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  51.8 KB
    For the un caffeinated, or visually impaired, you are looking at an extended, rifled section of barrel that was left on, and made it to a retail sales counter.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Snapped this awhile back. Walked into local shop and the owner exclaims with great enthusiasm he has acquired something I must see. Now, I know this is either going to be an HK of some kind, perhaps a USP Expert, P7M8/13 or, the more likely possibility, something of such epic failure that it baffles the mind. He asks if I have seen the new 856, by Taurus and proceeds to hand me the below example. We then spend the next 15 minutes trying to figure out how many hands and steps this had to go through in order to make it out the door.
    Name:  20200212_164625.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  51.8 KB
    For the un caffeinated, or visually impaired, you are looking at an extended, rifled section of barrel that was left on, and made it to a retail sales counter.
    In order to make it around the '68 gun control act they import these with "barrels" long enough to meet the import criteria, then saw that extra portion off.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    In order to make it around the '68 gun control act they import these with "barrels" long enough to meet the import criteria, then saw that extra portion off.
    The LGS was told that roughly 100 of these made it to retail stores. Curious how many steps were missed in the process for that to happen.
    Taking a break from social media.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    The LGS was told that roughly 100 of these made it to retail stores. Curious how many steps were missed in the process for that to happen.
    Might be worth money in fifty years if there are Taurus collectors then.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    I wonder how many rubes could be convinced it is a special model set up to take a suppressor...oops! I mean a silencer. (smile)

Dave

User Tag List