Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Democratic Nominee 2020 Part Deux

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Holy cow, but Iowa is turning into a serious disaster. I don't know if it's sabotage by the establishment trying to stop Bernie, or the Bernie Bros trying to overthrow the establishment, or a generally high level of cock up, but wow, the Dems look like utter incompetent morons tonight.

This does not bode well for them, because this failure means their ground game is pretty much nonexistent. This is the one where you really really need to have your ducks lined up, your troops drilled, and generally work damn hard to project an air of tough, ready competence.
    Even if Chicago style ballot stuffing is in the works, it has to be done sharp, disciplined, and with quick competence. This is like watching a painfully unfunny improv skit that just keeps going on and on.
    Even Chicago Union Guys have to occasionally work. It may only be 2.5 hours a day, mandated by contract, but they do things. Doing things requires competency at some level.

When the entire skillsets of your volunteers and followers are limited to tweeting and asking for free stuff - it's difficult to expect competency.

Site Supporter
    Between the impeachment fizzle and Iowa - they will have to recoup. Blathering Joe Biden will not win this one. Their hope is strong turn out for a more extreme candidate. Worked for Trump.

Overheard In Iowa...

"It's just a minor setback. Nothing we shouldn't be able to recover from straightaway."
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I worked for a gov't agency in a democratically controlled county. All I can say about that is if the taxpayers actually knew how much money was wasted there would have been riots in the streets. Fortunately they kept the inner workings of the gov't away from the public eye and discouraged employees to not get involved with local political issues........that is if you want to keep your job.
    I live in supposed Republican run state and it's no better.

Looks like Groping Joe managed to Jeb! himself. If he can't pick up a top 3 in New Hampsha, he's done.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Name:  9386D6D2-74A5-42C5-9729-11576434C094.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  37.2 KB
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    My personal suspicion is that the Democratic Party establishment fears and dreads Bernie. So, the word is out to support Liz as much as possible, the idea being that she and the Bern will cancel each other out.

Agreed. The DNC loves to make overtures to the rabble that they are the party of the people and are more than willing to trade the tax dollars of the middle class and upper middle class for votes, but in the end they are bank rolled by the rich and by corporate America who I think are scared to death that Bernie is a real communist and just might bring the war of the classes to them.

Well, isn't this interesting: Warren goes full weasel after campaign is accused of racism

Six African-American staffers from Elizabeth Warren’s Nevada campaign have resigned. They accused the campaign of “tokenism” and racial insensitivity, and claimed that their work environment was “toxic.”
    There's a couple of possible takeaways, and none of them good for the Fake Indian:
    -(Cynical) They've seen the handwriting on the wall is obvious, and they want to jump ship without looking like they're just jumping ship.
    Or
    -She's toxic and racist.

There's also the option of "Both", which is my inclination as well.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Honestly, I'm so cynical about the card being played for the advantage of the player that absent actual facts I'm loathe to accept any allegation on face value. (And I'm no fan of Princess Summerfall Winterspring.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Honestly, I'm so cynical about the card being played for the advantage of the player that absent actual facts I'm loathe to accept any allegation on face value. (And I'm no fan of Princess Summerfall Winterspring.)
    Whatever the case, it's not a good look for her or her chances.

User Tag List