Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Democratic Nominee 2020 Part Deux

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    If this country's politics veer back toward sanity, I could see either Gabbard or Nikki Haley pulling it off in 12-20 years from now. They are both pretty awesome (although I like Haley's politics a lot better), but I think still too young to be perceived as presidential by voters. If we continue to get more polarized and irrational, not a chance.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Now this interesting. It appears that Hillary is doing Bernie a serious (and unintended) favor by speaking out against him.

I'm sure, in her little chardonnay addled mind, that this will cause the Dem caucuses to immediately appoint her as candidate. It's more likely to remind the Bernie Bros how this witch shafted their man back in 2016, and give that extra bit of kick to get out and vote.

And it's pretty clear that Bill is the one with the political savvy in that relationship.
    Last edited by Joe in PNG; 01-21-2020 at 04:55 PM. Reason: link added
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    If this country's politics veer back toward sanity, I could see either Gabbard or Nikki Haley pulling it off in 12-20 years from now. They are both pretty awesome (although I like Haley's politics a lot better), but I think still too young to be perceived as presidential by voters. If we continue to get more polarized and irrational, not a chance.
    Haley really disappointed me recently with her antics. I don't think I can trust her.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Got a link? I must have missed that.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Got a link? I must have missed that.
    Let me try to find something relevant...

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    I'm going to also predict that should Bernie catch fire in Iowa & New Hamster, a bunch of MeeToo allegations are going to come out.
    It seems the dems are doing their best to trash old Bernie again. He seems to have something they all would like to have. Even Hillary is trash talking him now and she isn't even in the race. I think she knows that the DNC torpedoed Bernie so she could run. That's what you get with elitist politicians and their crony insider deals. Democrats deserved to lose in 2016. The entire convention was rigged.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

This article states much of what I saw at the time as transparent political maneuvering by Haley outside of the sphere of integrity, which had appeared to be her strong suit at one time.

...Today, however, it seems that Haley has tied her fortunes to Trump. She has clearly calculated that her future political prospects depend on assuring the Trump base that she is with them and the president. Her abandonment of her own fiercely stated views in order to be accepted is more evidence of the rot that has overtaken the Republican party. Now speculation is rife that the president will bump Mike Pence off the ticket for Haley. Such a step might have the effect, Trump’s advisers clearly hope, of bringing back the suburban women who in the midterm elections moved toward the Democrats.

Many people—including both some Trump supporters and some Trump critics—undoubtedly agree with Haley that both Tillerson and Kelly should have made their opposition public and then resigned. For that matter, James Mattis and H.R. McMaster might have been expected to offer more forthright critiques of the administration once they were out of office, rather than the carefully guarded statements they have issued.

And here we must turn to John Bolton’s actions and statements since he left the White House as the National Security Advisor in September. The liberal community hated Bolton’s appointment, always depicting him as somewhat of a madman who might get our country into an unnecessary war (he had openly called for the bombing of Iran) and who favored regime change instead of diplomatically solving our differences with nations like Iran, Venezuela, and Cuba.

Like him or hate him, Bolton is consistent—and puts Haley to shame. We know from the testimony of others that he opposed the extortion of Ukraine and in a one-on-one meeting urged the president to release the delayed aid. Bolton also opposed the private foreign policy actions Rudy Giuliani was taking. “I am not part of whatever drug deal” Trump’s other advisers “are cooking up” in Ukraine, Bolton reportedly said.

Bolton did the honorable thing and resigned. But he has not been quiet... cont'd
    Last edited by blues; 01-21-2020 at 05:30 PM.

Site Supporter
    The opinions expressed are my own and do not constitute those of any employer, past, present or future.

I concur with the assessment re how Iowa is going to shore up Biden to at least #2 in NH and that he will win SC handily.
    That will likely be the head of steam needed for Super Tues that will knock him over the top.

My prediction:

Biden-P/Klobuchar-VP
    Last edited by vcdgrips; 01-21-2020 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    The opinions expressed are my own and do not constitute those of any employer, past, present of future.

I concur with the assessment re how Iowa is going to shore up Biden to at least #2 in NH and that he will win SC handily.
    That will likely be the head of steam needed for Super Tues that will knock him over the top.

My prediction:

Biden-P/Klobuchar-VP
    Biden is the 'safe' candidate, the established party guy voters tend to default to when there's no one really exciting on the menu. The typical sort of candidate the party outside the WH tends to pick to run against an incumbent.

He's also safe when it comes to the big money contribution game- and that will be the thing to keep an eye on.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    ...Even Hillary is trash talking him now and she isn't even in the race....
    Are you sure about that?

User Tag List