Page 18 of 55 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Democratic Nominee 2020 Part Deux

Bloomberg took a real ass whipping the other night, but he also brought some key talking points to the surface. For example, when he openly stated that the removal of capitalism from our economy was a bad idea, he was BOOED by the audience.

LOL. Where are they finding these rooms full of idiots?

And while Bloomberg made a good jab at Bernie regarding his wealth, he'd have cut a lot deeper if he asked Capt. Communism just where all of his money came from. The dude has never had a job in his entire life. And they're all up there talking about "corrupt politicians."

GMAFB.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    NDA's are like prenuptial agreements. If your soon-to-be asks you to sign one you probably should be looking someplace else.
    Only commenting since my Tapatalk swipe “liked” this post.

I agree that a friend or significant other asking you to sign an NDA is bullshit. It means that they don’t truly trust you to love them enough to protect their secrets from becoming public.

On the other hand, I think NDA’s are great for a lot of industrial/commercial purposes. They lay out expectations for parties ahead of time and allow a lot more information to be shared, which can benefit both the employee and company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Runkle View Post
    Only commenting since my Tapatalk swipe “liked” this post.

I agree that a friend or significant other asking you to sign an NDA is bullshit. It means that they don’t truly trust you to love them enough to protect their secrets from becoming public.

On the other hand, I think NDA’s are great for a lot of industrial/commercial purposes. They lay out expectations for parties ahead of time and allow a lot more information to be shared, which can benefit both the employee and company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    In settling a civil claim, like workplace harassment, an NDA is routine.
    Why would I pay someone to settle a claim against me and still allow them to talk bad about me?
    Pretty basic.

That said..... Bloomberg being unprepared to answer that question shows that he's just phoning it in. Relying on his money to be able to outspend his lack of preparation and I-know-better-then-you attitude.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    In settling a civil claim, like workplace harassment, an NDA is routine.
    Why would I pay someone to settle a claim against me and still allow them to talk bad about me?
    Pretty basic.

That said..... Bloomberg being unprepared to answer that question shows that he's just phoning it in. Relying on his money to be able to outspend his lack of preparation and I-know-better-then-you attitude.
    Your right, of course. It—his ''I-know-better-than-you attitude''—makes him nothing more than a typical liberal.

I have to say that I enjoyed the latest Dem debate. Laughed my head off through the whole thing. You can't write comedy like that.

And, what is really funny is that they all believe the poo they're spewing.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Site Supporter
    Bloomberg re harassment

"I made mistakes in my words and deeds which I have apologized,learned from and paid for...pivot to... this is how we beat DT. Repeat as needed.

Bloomberg re stop and frisk

"During a time when murders in NYC went from 650 to 650-x, the NYPD went too far with stop and frisk. In retrospect, we made a mistake and I now understand how a community policing model is a better way to combat violent crime...pivot to...and this is the way we are going to beat DT. Repeat as needed.

He was woefully under prepared and/or he did not take the preparation he was given to heart. You never get a second chance to make a first impression. If he was not up for that debate and given that he is not even on the NV ballot, IMHO, it was a big tactical mistake to go on the debate stage less than razor sharp.

FWIW/YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    He was woefully under prepared and/or he did not take the preparation he was given to heart. You never get a second chance to make a first impression. If he was not up for that debate and given that he is not even on the NV ballot, IMHO, it was a big tactical mistake to go on the debate stage less than razor sharp.
    It's probably been a few decades since he's ever had anyone tell him anything he didn't want to hear, and that shows.

Jumping in late like this was also a tactical mistake. It's a lot like that jerk in the BMW who wants to zoom to the head of a traffic jam, past all the cars who have already merged, and get let in ahead of the drivers who have been waiting to get into the construction lane. People hate that.

People are also bringing up Trump comparisons, but while both are crass, rich New Yawkers, there is an essential difference. At this point in 2016, Trump had a lot of people who were actually for him, personally.
    One of my political guidelines is that one doesn't win elections by running against people, but by having something people can be for. Mini Mike comes across as being all for Mini Mike, and I'm really not seeing a lot of signs of support for the guy (and polls are only slightly less accurate than the entrails of a sheep).
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    It's probably been a few decades since he's ever had anyone tell him anything he didn't want to hear, and that shows.

Jumping in late like this was also a tactical mistake. It's a lot like that jerk in the BMW who wants to zoom to the head of a traffic jam, past all the cars who have already merged, and get let in ahead of the drivers who have been waiting to get into the construction lane. People hate that.

People are also bringing up Trump comparisons, but while both are crass, rich New Yawkers, there is an essential difference. At this point in 2016, Trump had a lot of people who were actually for him, personally.
    One of my political guidelines is that one doesn't win elections by running against people, but by having something people can be for.
    Mini Mike comes across as being all for Mini Mike, and I'm really not seeing a lot of signs of support for the guy (and polls are only slightly less accurate than the entrails of a sheep).
    I've never been a fan of Bloomberg or what he represented for NYC. That said, I think the biggest thing Trump had going for him was Hillary. I don't think you can overestimate how much people disliked her, her style and her brand. (The 2nd Amendment aside, since it's such an obvious factor here on this site, it doesn't even bear mentioning.)

Trump, a man who had no discernible identity as a Democrat nor a Republican, who essentially stood for nothing personally but his own brand, was in my view, simply a gun for hire, an ad man and carnival barker who would say whatever you wanted him to for the support promised. I don't believe the man has any fundamental beliefs beyond how they profit him or his family...

...and yet that was enough to gain my vote...because he wasn't Hillary, there was a chance he would "do no harm" re the 2nd Amendment, and possibly put some judges in so that we might actually get some judicial precedents supported by the spirit of the Constitution.

But "for him" personally? I can only imagine others like him or with similar financial interests who could really be for him.

He's basically running uncontested in this election...in my own personal view. (I know that's not the feeling around the country, as there are many millions who will turn up at the ballot box to challenge his incumbency.) I only wish there were a viable alternative that shared the values I treasure most about this country. He doesn't measure up in my view and I detest being faced with choosing the least worst option...again...or not choosing at all if it comes to it.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Trump, a man who had no discernible identity as a Democrat nor a Republican, who essentially stood for nothing personally but his own brand, was in my view, simply a gun for hire, an ad man and carnival barker who would say whatever you wanted him to for the support promised. I don't believe the man has any fundamental beliefs beyond how they profit him or his family...

...and yet that was enough to gain my vote...because he wasn't Hillary, there was a chance he would "do no harm" re the 2nd Amendment, and possibly put some judges in so that we might actually get some judicial precedents supported by the spirit of the Constitution.

But "for him" personally? I can only imagine others like him or with similar financial interests who could really be for him.
    I knew a lot of people in early 2016 who were seriously sold on MAGA and Drain The Swamp, and not just Beat Hillary. They may have not liked his crass ways, but they liked what he was selling, and supported him. The Hillary thing was enough to put him over.

This kind of positive support is what is essential. While Beat the Other Party is an important factor, it alone is not a winning strategy. Beat Obama didn't work for Romney in 2012, and Beat Bill didn't work for Dole in 96. And Bill didn't run on Beat George in 92- he sold himself and what he could do.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    I knew a lot of people in early 2016 who were seriously sold on MAGA and Drain The Swamp, and not just Beat Hillary. They may have not liked his crass ways, but they liked what he was selling, and supported him. The Hillary thing was enough to put him over.

This kind of positive support is what is essential. While Beat the Other Party is an important factor, it cannot be the sole winning strategy. Beat Obama didn't work for Romney in 2012, and Beat Bill didn't work for Dole in 96. And Bill didn't run on Beat George in 92- he sold himself and what he could do.
    If only I'd seen evidence of the swamp being drained. I just see newer and more resistant mutations dwelling in the place of others formerly living in the muck.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    If only I'd seen evidence of the swamp being drained. I just see newer and more resistant mutations dwelling in the place of others formerly living in the muck.
    You can drain the swamp, but without term limitations the swamp critters remain.

User Tag List