Page 43 of 55 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: Democratic Nominee 2020 Part Deux

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    Possibly.

However, putting Beto in as his VP makes Biden even less palatable (not that Biden is particularly palatable to begin with) since Beto is really nothing more then a younger, more vibrant but much crazier version of Bernie Sanders.
    I don't think Beto is his best choice for a VP. I think Klobuchar would be a better move. Mayor Pete will have to be thrown a different bone under that scenario.

Then again, I'm out of touch with the mindset of the Dem party so I freely admit that my guess is simply that.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    I fail to see any analysis in pro-Democratic media and op-eds on whether the gun rights issue will be a motivator for Trump and/or anti-Biden voting. It's never mentioned. I've wondered in there is real research on how many 'swing' voters who dislike Trump will vote for him just because of the absolutist positions of Biden and the possibility that he will truly try to implement bans (using the Bump stock precedent?). Bloomberg is the same but unless Uncle Joe suffers some disaster, he has no chance. Bernie - will just go after financial issues and won't be motivated to go on a gun crusade like Joe would. Just my opinion though. Who knows? Who though Trump would be a dump the bump guy. SCOTUS had some legal weeds opinion about the bump ban, which folks say isn't a real negative because some day the sun will come out tomorrow, - oops - I mean SCOTUS will actually take a ban case and then void them.

Only Amy was worried about her Uncle Dick's gun.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Time to run ol' Beto outta Texas, methinks.
    Name:  821C8FA1-3DBC-4D85-8A30-815D3A7EC6C0.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  32.6 KB

Site Supporter
    OH GOD NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Send him to the Left Coast somewhere. Not here.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    OH GOD NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Send him to the Left Coast somewhere. Not here.
    How about Venezuela?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    How about Venezuela?
    He can become Venezuela's Bernardo O'Higgins. (Sorry, Chile.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    but Bernie as president will lead to catastrophe. I'm a physician so universal health care will likely ruin my job and his "no more billionaires" will kill the market

I don't want to downplay Bernie but I don't think he stands any hope of getting his universal care crap through. Remember what it took to get the ACA through, and ACA is nothing comparing to what Bernie is proposing. I'd go as far as to say that as long as GOP holds the Senate, Medicare for All is a complete non-starter. Even if Dems take the Senate and keep the House, I still think that Bernie's health care plans have snowballs' chance in hell. I think that even most Dem analysts agree to that.

I do worry about markets, but bad markets and higher taxes are a poor recipe for re-election, should he pull off an improbable first run.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I'm voting for Bernie in the Virginia open primary tomorrow #ProjectMayhem
    Come to the Red side of the Peoples revolution.....

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I don't want to downplay Bernie but I don't think he stands any hope of getting his universal care crap through. Remember what it took to get the ACA through, and ACA is nothing comparing to what Bernie is proposing. I'd go as far as to say that as long as GOP holds the Senate, Medicare for All is a complete non-starter. Even if Dems take the Senate and keep the House, I still think that Bernie's health care plans have snowballs' chance in hell. I think that even most Dem analysts agree to that.

True, but compared to when the ACA was passed/forced through, the D party is even further left leaning.

I also can imagine a situation where if they do take the Senate and executive, that they are going to sit down and say; "Listen, we've got 2 years before the mid-terms when history says we typically will loose some power, so let's get stuff done now while we can", and therefore pass something just to get stuff done.

cc

User Tag List