Page 25 of 55 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Democratic Nominee 2020 Part Deux

Quote Originally Posted by Triggerf16 View Post
    I’m all in favor of Heinlein’s Constitutional Tyranny. A document so strict that the government can’t do squat.
    A lot of that would depend on the interpretation of the document by the courts.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

"My campaign manager informs me that we now know how we are going to fund Medicare for all, and child care. Chris Matthews is going to pay for it."
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    ^^^ I heard Bernie saying it in my mind as I read that....
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Praising Fidel Castro and his policies will certainly resonate with the average voter, right?

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...omments-117213

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    Praising Fidel Castro and his policies will certainly resonate with the average voter, right?

There’s a lot of Cubans who had to literally grab their wives, and kids and flee Cuba.. A lot of those same Cubans, and their wives, and now older adult kids are still alive in Florida, and they hate Castro and everything he stands for... These people get it..Bernie will never convince them communism is a good idea...That’s the problem with Bernie and people like him, they are in love with communism, but yet have no real first hand experience with it..

Quote Originally Posted by deflave View Post
    The NBC panel I watched was blasting Bernie something fierce.

Almost Trump levels.
    I was thinking today, maybe Bernie is the Democrat 2020 version of the Republican Voter 2016 Trump "FU"?

In that, now in 2020, Democratic voters have had their fill of being managed by the Democratic Party elites on the left and right coast, and are saying a big "FU" to the Democratic National Committee by voting for Bernie? (much the same way that voters were characterized as "throwing a Molotov Cocktail" in 2016 by supporting Trump against the establishment?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post

Dat dog won't hunt in Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggerf16 View Post
    I’m all in favor of Heinlein’s Constitutional Tyranny. A document so strict that the government can’t do squat.
    I like Herbert's BuSab. "Bureau of Sabotage." It exists to slow down government.

Sounds like a hell of a job.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Bernie's idealism, (which no one can seem to figure out how to pay for or survive), reminds me of throwing the proverbial baby out with the bathwater.

Trump, on the other hand, would incarcerate the baby, and lacking papers ship it off to a "shithole" country where it would never be heard from again.

Neither solution being particularly satisfying or elegant.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I was thinking today, maybe Bernie is the Democrat 2020 version of the Republican Voter 2016 Trump "FU"?

In that, now in 2020, Democratic voters have had their fill of being managed by the Democratic Party elites on the left and right coast, and are saying a big "FU" to the Democratic National Committee by voting for Bernie? (much the same way that voters were characterized as "throwing a Molotov Cocktail" in 2016 by supporting Trump against the establishment?
    I think Trump said what every right leaning individual had been waiting for somebody to say. Regardless of age.

I think Bernie is saying the things that make everybody older than 35 ask "WTF have we done?"

User Tag List