Page 22 of 55 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Democratic Nominee 2020 Part Deux

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    What we have at the moment is the bureaucrats using their powers to try and make sure they have control over who gets elected and what they can do once in office.

Like Lt. Colonels on the NSC trying to get investigations started because the guy elected to be president disagrees with the "inter agency consensus" on something.
    Maybe I’m out of my lane here, but if I’m not mistaken, the president is also the commander in chief, I don’t see any reason why said LT Colonels couldn’t get busted down to First Lt, and then shipped off to Alaska, when they pull this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    Maybe I’m out of my lane here, but if I’m not mistaken, the president is also the commander in chief, I don’t see any reason why said LT Colonels couldn’t get busted down to First Lt, and then shipped off to Alaska, when they pull this shit.
    Maybe he can render and write Supreme Court opinions as well. Heck, he can do any job since he's also the nation's top cop. Patrol Chicago? He's on it. Seems the only thing he can't do is fight a battle himself. Bone spurs...dagnabit. He'd have been great at it though. Just ask him.

(Somewhat sarcastic. Sue me. I may have had an adult beverage prior to posting. )
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    Maybe he mistook Bloomberg for an empty chair.
    10 bonus points.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    Has to be a military trial. President can't do it. UCMJ. I know first hand.
    Last edited by Borderland; 02-22-2020 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Has to be a military trial. President can't do it. UCMJ.
    Not his first rodeo...

Mr. Spencer tried to head off further intervention. On Nov. 14, the Navy secretary sent a note to the president asking him not to get involved again. But Pat A. Cipollone, the White House counsel, called to say Mr. Trump would order Chief Gallagher’s punishment reversed and his rank restored. In addition, he pardoned Major Golsteyn and Lieutenant Lorance.

“This was a shocking and unprecedented intervention in a low-level review,” Mr. Spencer wrote. “It was also a reminder that the president has very little understanding of what it means to be in the military, to fight ethically or to be governed by a uniform set of rules and practices.”
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Looks like Bernie is winning the Nevada caucus at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    This might be deeply concerning had we not just lived through four fucking years of Russian paranoia fueled by the DOJ and the "intelligence community" fabricating a bunch of shit...

Bunch of shit or not, as a result we have a U.S. Govt, under the current President, very formally, impose sanctions on and indict several dozen Russian top brass and operatives specifically for the election interference. Needless to say that they don't give a shit about their indictments, but fucking with America has been a favorite recreational activity of KGB/ FSB, GRU, and others, for a long time. They really like mixing business with pleasure. I hope you're not under illusion that they will not try to get into it because they will, with any opportunity they can get.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Not his first rodeo...
    Looks like the pres can reverse some things but the military trial has to take place first along with a verdict and sentence. It's a new found authority that he's discovered (or maybe Miller discovered it) and using it to throw a wrench into military discipline and the authority of the UCMJ.

Having served I find this an aberration of the military judicial system. But then I understand why he has no understanding of it. He never served his country. He only served himself.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Bunch of shit or not, as a result we have a U.S. Govt, under the current President, very formally, impose sanctions on and indict several dozen Russian top brass and operatives specifically for the election interference. Needless to say that they don't give a shit about their indictments, but fucking with America has been a favorite recreational activity of KGB/ FSB, GRU, and others, for a long time. They really like mixing business with pleasure. I hope you're not under illusion that they will not try to get into it because they will, with any opportunity they can get.
    That's a pretty safe bet. Already on the radar screen. GD Russians are not your friends. I don't care what Trump says.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Looks like Bernie is winning the Nevada caucus at the moment.
    Name:  A073C608-0741-4BAA-B15D-60A7CB5EA64D.jpeg
Views: 243
Size:  44.0 KB
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

User Tag List