Page 48 of 55 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: Democratic Nominee 2020 Part Deux

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I wouldn't bet on that.

Turnout in a number of states in the primaries is quite shocking. Trump is running essentially unopposed and he's getting more votes in the primaries in some states than the entire democratic field. While nothing is impossible in politics, it is highly likely that there will be significant negative down-ballot consequences for the democrats in the house and senate just from the person at the top of the ticket, not to mention the nonsense the democrats in Congress have pulled over the last couple of years.
    Trump is running unopposed because..... that should be obvious to everyone. The democratic field is diluted. We had about 6 on our ballot and I just voted. There were so many I can't remember how many there were. Three are already gone.

Bloomberg's billions will be there regardless. His money put many democrats in the house in the last midterms.
    "All of the new Democrats that came in and put Nancy Pelosi in charge and gave the Congress the ability to control this president, I bough — I got them,".
    Those words came right out of Bloomberg's mouth. He caught himself before he said bought, but that's what he meant.

Biden isn't going to chase anyone away. They could prop Ramblin Joe up there if he was 5 days dead and people will still vote D. for their congressional reps. especially if they think there's a chance for another AWB or universal health care to be had. Remember Beto? He damned near beat Cruz in Texas.

But I don't have a clue how this is going to go down.
    Last edited by Borderland; 03-04-2020 at 01:25 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Trump is running unopposed because..... that should be obvious to everyone. The democratic field is diluted.
    In several states Trump pulled more people to vote for him in the primary than all the democrats pulled in combined.

Bloomberg's billions will be there regardless. His money put many democrats in the house in the last midterms. Those words came right out of Bloomberg's mouth.
    Yes. And those democrats ran on the promise to do productive work for the people...which they then did not do, preferring instead to spend all their time on ORANGE MAN BAD. And they voted for impeachment, which many knew up front would be a death knell for their reelection chances.

Hell, Jeff Van Drew switched parties.

Shit's a lot different than last mid term election cycle. Even with Bloomers' millions.
    3/15/2016

Site Supporter
    ^^^

Alabama:
    Trump: 708,000 votes
    All D's: <500,000 votes

California:
    Trump: 1.457 million votes
    Bern: 1.004 Million
    Joe B: 744,000
    Bloomers: 426,000

Can't find the direct link to AP data but Google is showing it on top of this search result page... LINK
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    I'd expect Warren will be out within 24 hours, if not by the time I finish typing.
    I doubt it - the Democratic establishment benefits from her staying in it and siphoning off the occasional Bernie voter.

I figured Mini Mike would quit once he actually had to face the voters.
    I thought he'd be a bit more dramatic about it, but (shrug).

And Bernie is still a candidate with a loyal & enthusiastic base, but very little appeal outside that base.

It's still pretty close, and we have yet to see what the long term effect of Mini Mike, Amy, and Mayor Pete dropping out will be.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    In several states Trump pulled more people to vote for him in the primary than all the democrats pulled in combined.

Yes. And those democrats ran on the promise to do productive work for the people...which they then did not do, preferring instead to spend all their time on ORANGE MAN BAD. And they voted for impeachment, which many knew up front would be a death knell for their reelection chances.

Hell, Jeff Van Drew switched parties.

Shit's a lot different than last mid term election cycle. Even with Bloomers' millions.
    I must be missing something here. How does the vote mean anything in an open primary state regarding an incumbent president? 12 of the 14 states in Super Tuesday voting were open primary states. I can vote for a dem in our primary and turn around and vote a straight GOP ticket in the presidential election, or the exact opposite. I think that's what LL was doing. Just trying to clarify.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Remember Beto? He damned near beat Cruz in Texas.
    Let's not get ahead of ourselves - it wasn't a land slide for Ted 'The Zodiac' Cruz - but Beto was more than 2 full percentage points behind Cruz at the end of the day.

The Dems will not get another running shot at an easy mark like Cruz in Texas for awhile.

___

Anyways, the best two things that could happen, happened.

Bloomberg dropped out, and Creepy Uncle Joe is all but assured the nomination.

While it's not 100%, I doubt seriously that Biden will do much against Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post

It's shaping up to be a traditional "Incumbent vs Party Hack" election- think Obama/Mittens or Bush/Kerry or Clinton/Dole contest pretty much splitting 52% to 48% in favor of the incumbent.
    Though I wouldn't bet against Biden talking his way into a repeat of the 1984 blowout.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post

Biden has many more ways to win the electoral college than Sanders because Sanders does poorly in Arizona, Florida, & Pennsylvania. That is why the Democratic party is colluding against (and why Russia is supporting) Bernie.

User Tag List