Page 47 of 55 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Democratic Nominee 2020 Part Deux

Went and early voted this morning. Shitstirred by voting for Bernie and all of the Buttigieg electors. Didn’t vote in any of the other down ticket races.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I'm disappointed. I was hoping Bloomers would stay in the race spending ever larger sums of money for ever more pitiful results. Every dollar he spent on his vainglorious campaign was a dollar less he could use to try and elect SJW goobers who want to mobilize the national guard to confiscate guns. (Not hyperbole...we are actually living with people like that in the legislature who got there because of Mini Mike in Virginia. Fuck him and everybody he gave money to.)

I'm nowhere near as disappointed as the legion of campaign consultants and staffers he bought with ridiculously lavish salaries. Some of whom likely will have a lovely nest egg. Those DC swamp types know an opportunity for profit when they see one.

The democrat establishment has decided: circle the wagons around Biden. Bernie is the biggest threat to their continued existence and revenue. Moreso than Trump. Nobody is saying this, but a significant chunk of them are going to be much happier with a president Trump than with president Biden because President Trump can be fought with the same deep state-ish nonsense and complete media lackey-ism that we've seen to this point. Bern using the presidency and attacking from the left would be harder to deal with.

I expect the Bernie wing of the democratic party to be quite unhappy with this. We might see something that makes the '68 convention look like a pillow fight.

The democratic establishment is guaranteeing there's going to be a civil war in their party that won't be resolved for at least a decade.
    Keywords here. The party is owned by elitist/oligarchs like the Clintons and Bloomberg. Note all of the trash talk coming from Hillary now directed at Bernie.

Bernie didn't kill himself.
    Last edited by Borderland; 03-04-2020 at 11:20 AM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Biden is a horrific candidate choice. The dems absolutely shot themselves in the foot. Any other moderate (except maybe bloomberg) would have been a better call. B

I'll say it again, completely independent of his politics, it's clear Biden is not fit to be president. He is going to continue his decline through the election, just like Reagan in his last term of office. Unlike Reagan, however, he has not yet won two presidential elections.

Trump is already calling him "sleepy joe" and it won't take long for the public to notice he just isn't with it. If you watched his rambling and frankly sad speech at Pete's endorsement, it was clearer than day.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Every dollar he spent on his vainglorious campaign was a dollar less he could use to try and elect SJW goobers who want to mobilize the national guard to confiscate guns.
    As a resident of initiative-riddled WA state, I’m right there with you. Never interrupt your enemy when he’s fucking up, and all that.

The rest of your post was spot on, per usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post

I'll say it again, completely independent of his politics, it's clear Biden is not fit to be president. He is going to continue his decline through the election, just like Reagan in his last term of office.
    I am afraid that you are correct. Even more so, I’m afraid that a portion of America will vote for him anyways; some percentage of dems would vote for a metaphorical box of rocks over Trump, and now they’ll get their chance.
    Last edited by Totem Polar; 03-04-2020 at 11:27 AM.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Biden is a horrific candidate choice. The dems absolutely shot themselves in the foot. Any other moderate (except maybe bloomberg) would have been a better call. B

I'll say it again, completely independent of his politics, it's clear Biden is not fit to be president. He is going to continue his decline through the election, just like Reagan in his last term of office. Unlike Reagan, however, he has not yet won two presidential elections.

Trump is already calling him "sleepy joe" and it won't take long for the public to notice he just isn't with it. If you watched his rambling and frankly sad speech at Pete's endorsement, it was clearer than day.
    Ramblin Joe. He doesn't have a prayer in the upcoming election. Senate will fall to democrats with Bloomberg's billions backing them. That's where the play will be now.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter

Name:  75A0E212-7DDA-4405-B7F4-8A3316710096.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  52.1 KB

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Name:  75A0E212-7DDA-4405-B7F4-8A3316710096.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  52.1 KB
    If you can stomach it, listen to his speech at Buttigieg's endorsement. It's so, so bad.

https://youtu.be/fHcJszR2Em0

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Senate will fall to democrats with Bloomberg's billions backing them. That's where the play will be now.
    Kind of surprised we haven't been talking about, and focusing on, Senate races.

If the Senate swings D, then rest assured they will block any SCOTUS appointments, even if just for payback for what happened with Garland.

All this talk of SCOTUS appointments being the key thing Trump will do will be for naught.

cc

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Ramblin Joe. He doesn't have a prayer in the upcoming election. Senate will fall to democrats with Bloomberg's billions backing them.
    I wouldn't bet on that.

Turnout in a number of states in the primaries is quite shocking. Trump is running essentially unopposed and he's getting more votes in the primaries in some states than the entire democratic field. While nothing is impossible in politics, it is highly likely that there will be significant negative down-ballot consequences for the democrats in the house and senate just from the person at the top of the ticket, not to mention the nonsense the democrats in Congress have pulled over the last couple of years.
    3/15/2016

Site Supporter
    If you can stomach it, listen to his speech at Buttigieg's endorsement. It's so, so bad.

https://youtu.be/fHcJszR2Em0
    I’ve seen that speech before.

User Tag List