Page 29 of 55 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Democratic Nominee 2020 Part Deux

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    I have had some recent experiences with students that make me wonder if they are smarter than my generation at the same age. They are learning to juggle information in a way we never had to.

Watching the Dems debate now.

Who fed 'em Trump's "diet" pills? Damn!
    Maybe not smarter but better learning tools and teachers. They have so much information at their fingertips it's scary. The problem for them is sifting through all of the garbage to find the answers, but the answers are all there along with the facts. They just need some guidance about how to analyse the information. When they get that they seem to accelerate much faster. We had very little information to analyse. Everything was in print and some of it was too old to be relevant.

I didn't watch the debate. I watched the highlights of the first one and that was enough for me.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    At that point, you really have to wonder if that is really corned beef in your sandwich...

Soylent Red?

Quote Originally Posted by Half Moon View Post
    Soylent Red?
    It is nice to know that there others with the same sick, twisted sense of humor that I am afflicted with. We related? ha ha ha ha ha
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Site Supporter
    I have a suggestion for an intrepid reporter. Go find Amy's Dick in the deer stand and ask him what he thinks of the gun bans? Does she really have an Uncle Dick? Does Dick have a 1911 that he carries cocked? What does this Dick want to ban?

Note that Bernie is still ahead of the pack by being the official and damned gun nut of the current set of candidates. We haven't seen any of them shooting Tweety Bird with an O/U have we? Kerry and his goose, comes to mind. Although another Dick was dangerous to hunt with. Let's ban O/U guns for politicians!

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    I have a suggestion for an intrepid reporter. Go find Amy's Dick in the deer stand and ask him what he thinks of the gun bans? Does she really have an Uncle Dick? Does Dick have a 1911 that he carries cocked? What does this Dick want to ban?

Note that Bernie is still ahead of the pack by being the official and damned gun nut of the current set of candidates. We haven't seen any of them shooting Tweety Bird with an O/U have we? Kerry and his goose, comes to mind. Although another Dick was dangerous to hunt with. Let's ban O/U guns for politicians!

Well, he is from VT. not NYC.

"Sen. Sanders, a Vermont newspaper recently released portions of an interview you gave in 2013 in which you said, ‘my own view on guns is, everything being equal, states should make those decisions,’"
    I think I have to agree with Bernie here. It isn't a federal issue one way or the other.

Bernie, because he's running for president, has publicly voiced a position for a UBC and a black rifle ban, but he isn't even on the same planet compared to Bloomberg and the other old white guy, what's his name.

We would all be damned lucky if Bernie gets this nomination wrapped up so he can run against Trump.

Don't be bringing double guns into a conversation about gun bans. The next thing you know somebody will want to ban those because they're semi-auto by some definitions.
    Last edited by Borderland; 02-26-2020 at 02:20 PM.

Site Supporter
    Bernie :
    Born in Brooklyn, New York, he attended James Madison High School, Brooklyn College, and the University of Chicago
    Madison was a rival of my school (Erasmus Hall). Brooklyn was my alma mater. Don't know why he transferred to Chicago but that's a good school. The apartment house he lived in was similar to mine and he has mentioned playing stick ball and Chinese Handball ith pink Spalding balls in the streets and against building walls. He may have moved to VT as I moved to OR and then TX but the blood of Brooklyn courses through our veins!

"Spaldeens" and Pennsy Pinkies. Chips on the ball!
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Bending a coat hanger to fish the ball out of the sewer!

Bending a coat hanger to fish the ball out of the sewer!
    Or being the one to sneak up on the roof to retrieve the ball. Dem wuz da days.

And now back to our lackluster political candidates...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Bernie :

Madison was a rival of my school (Erasmus Hall). Brooklyn was my alma mater. Don't know why he transferred to Chicago but that's a good school. The apartment house he lived in was similar to mine and he has mentioned playing stick ball and Chinese Handball ith pink Spalding balls in the streets and against building walls. He may have moved to VT as I moved to OR and then TX but the blood of Brooklyn courses through our veins!
    I understand what you're saying but at some point old Bernie embraced the politics of VT. I think he's been there over 50 years. I was mostly referring to his politics, not where he was born. But you're right, he's from NYC and I will correct myself in the future.
    Last edited by Borderland; 02-26-2020 at 04:20 PM.

User Tag List