Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow Systems MR920

Name:  C0BA37AF-23FC-4028-BD15-BFE1AD553C11.jpg
Views: 1928
Size:  57.1 KB

Will hopefully shoot it tomorrow, but so far my impressions are positive.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post

They are ok, shot one yesterday, the PC CORE 2.0 shoots flatter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Flava Flav called, wants his golden accessories back.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

I got to shoot the MR920 today. Fired 50 rounds of 147 HST, and several hundred of American Eagle and Lawman 115. No issues, despite the recommendation of a 200 round break in. Used an OEM G19 mag and several OEM 17 round magazines. Zeroed a Holosun 507V2 and shot the BUIS. Might need a taller front sight as the BUIS seemed to be impacting a few inches high, but will check that again. I shot three or four five round groups at 20 yards, and they were all nice small groups. The pistol was very comfortable to shoot. The magwell and beavertail wedged my hand in nicely. A pleasant first experience with it.

Name:  A6980C34-0164-4D88-A334-5F5892655DF4.jpg
Views: 1065
Size:  70.3 KB

I got to shoot the MR920 today. Fired 50 rounds of 147 HST, and several hundred of American Eagle and Lawman 115. No issues, despite the recommendation of a 200 round break in. Used an OEM G19 mag and several OEM 17 round magazines. Zeroed a Holosun 507V2 and shot the BUIS. Might need a taller front sight as the BUIS seemed to be impacting a few inches high, but will check that again. I shot three or four five round groups at 20 yards, and they were all nice small groups. The pistol was very comfortable to shoot. The magwell and beavertail wedged my hand in nicely. A pleasant first experience with it.

Name:  A6980C34-0164-4D88-A334-5F5892655DF4.jpg
Views: 1065
Size:  70.3 KB
    Yep. I'm not a Glock guy but I like what Shadow Systems has done with the platform.

They're still talking about a G17 type pistol although they will probably wait until SHOT now to make any sort of announcement.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Yep. I'm not a Glock guy but I like what Shadow Systems has done with the platform.

They're still talking about a G17 type pistol although they will probably wait until SHOT now to make any sort of announcement.

If things keep going like my range session today, I would be all over their take on a 17.

If things keep going like my range session today, I would be all over their take on a 17.
    Ideally the gun will be an MR920L slide coupled with a strecthed grip MR920 frame. In essence it would be an MR920 Glock 47.

It would allow Shadow Systems to make just two slides and two frames and would give the purchaser some flexibility with regard to slide and barrel length.

Will Shadow do this or just make their take on the Gen4 Glock 17?

Either way I'm sure I'll pick one up when they hit the market.

Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by JM Campbell View Post
    They are ok, shot one yesterday, the PC CORE 2.0 shoots flatter

I shot the same example as JM with a Holosun 507 V2. It worked and shot ok but there was nothing about it, including the cost, that would make me want one in lieu of a Glock.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I shot the same example as JM with a Holosun 507 V2. It worked and shot ok but there was nothing about it, including the cost, that would make me want one in lieu of a Glock.
    I don’t think any single feature is mind blowing but there are about a half dozen features that all together make the 920 attractive to me. I would not buy one instead of a Glock, but I would buy one in addition to Glocks.

I have shot it four or five times so far. Not a single stoppage. I started with the neutral backstrap but went back to the Glock shaped one, as I have so much Glock time, it brings the dot to the same place as I am used to. My wife is interested in one as a carry gun, using the backstrap closest to the 320 Legion she competes with.

Timer says it shoots well for me!

I don’t think any single feature is mind blowing but there are about a half dozen features that all together make the 920 attractive to me. I would not buy one instead of a Glock, but I would buy one in addition to Glocks.

I have shot it four or five times so far. Not a single stoppage. I started with the neutral backstrap but went back to the Glock shaped one, as I have so much Glock time, it brings the dot to the same place as I am used to. My wife is interested in one as a carry gun, using the backstrap closest to the 320 Legion she competes with.

Timer says it shoots well for me!
    I ran 2 mags of 15 through that one sample, I’ll shoot more when the owner gets off his keester and ponies up for a comp. I honestly shoot glocks like shit and have never invested a lot of time on one besides that atom T1 sample. I shot it a lot better with the T1 then without. Sold it to standardize on L&M rmr M&P and v1 CORE, gave up on dots for a while when I couldn’t commit to the time needed and saw a reverse in shooting ability. Now years later with older eyes and prescription glasses the dot life is extremely intriguing.

AKA: SkyLine1

User Tag List