Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow Systems MR920

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I have an email in to them about it.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    Good deal, I have no doubt they will resolve the issue. They have always been great when I have talked with them.

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

The barrel appears unchanged in shape/style from the 918. Not sure what coating is used. It is starting to rub off already.
    Whatever it is, that coating does not inspire confidence.

Is the metal beneath the coating s'posed to be nitrocarburized?
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    Whatever it is, that coating does not inspire confidence.

Is the metal beneath the coating s'posed to be nitrocarburized?
    The barrel is stainless steel.

I probably would not normally notice nor care about some minor cosmetic issues but the finish and machine work on my MR918 is flawless.

The barrel is stainless steel.

I probably would not normally notice nor care about some minor cosmetic issues but the finish and machine work on my MR918 is flawless.

I agree the finish on my 918 is flawless as well. I'm pretty sure, after speaking with the guys at Shadow Systems, that they will take care of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I agree the finish on my 918 is flawless as well. I'm pretty sure, after speaking with the guys at Shadow Systems, that they will take care of you.
    I'm not super worried. More curious than anything.

I have the bronze Ti nitride barrel and saw wear on the finish at the front corners of the top of the chamber after the first range session. I haven't taken it down to look at the inside of the slide or the rest of the barrel. A little disappointing but I'm not sweating it. I guess if it's a major defect they'll probably replace it.

Return shipping label received for the slide and barrel. I'll update when the new parts are received.

Return shipping label received for the slide and barrel. I'll update when the new parts are received.

Got a return tracking number already via email. No other info at this time. Will provide update ASAP.

New slide and barrel arrived. The new parts appear flawless.

New slide and barrel arrived. The new parts appear flawless.

Those look much, much nicer than what they replaced. It'll be interesting to see how they stand up to use.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

User Tag List