Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow Systems MR920

Has anyone been able to get ahold of Shadow Systems customer service anytime recently?

I recently picked up a DR920, my first SS pistol as I wanted to start transitioning to red dots and liked the format.

I've tried calling, e-mailing (X5) and left voice messages (multiples of each over a ~week) with no response. If anyone has a direct line to a CS agent, can you PM me? I can't get anyone to respond.

Quote Originally Posted by mizer67 View Post
    Has anyone been able to get ahold of Shadow Systems customer service anytime recently?

I recently picked up a DR920, my first SS pistol as I wanted to start transitioning to red dots and liked the format.

I've tried calling, e-mailing (X5) and left voice messages (multiples of each over a ~week) with no response. If anyone has a direct line to a CS agent, can you PM me? I can't get anyone to respond.
    Same experience here. I was able to get Shadow Systems support on the phone about 3 weeks ago. But radio silence for the past week. Time to take it to social media?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy T View Post
    Same experience here. I was able to get Shadow Systems support on the phone about 3 weeks ago. But radio silence for the past week. Time to take it to social media?
    Probably. I hate airing any dirty laundry without giving the company a chance to take appropriate action, but if they won't respond...squeaky wheel theory applies.

I'm not a particularly patient person but a week feels like a good amount of time to respond to your customer to me.

Try calling 2 to 3pm central time. I have had best results then

I have my own issues either their cs. Multiple times claiming something was fixed when ti was not. Ans recently mailing me back a gun without notifying me

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    I am a long time Shadow System fan and have 5 or so MR920s.

Personally I use the frame and sell everything else. I strip internal parts and sell the slide too. Then use oem Glock for everything

My MR920s were pre CR920 release and I had 2 sticky triggers and 3 guns that didn't cycle right/light strikes.

No issues once I swapped everything to oem Glock. 50k rounds on one.

Their QC and customer service has gotten substantially worse since the CR920. Even frames are coming out of spec now. I had 3 CR920s.

Two had to go back and were still not running when returned. What was annoying to me is on one of them i told them more about how to potentially fix the issue vs their techs. They were sold to buyers at a steep discount with full disclosure.

The one that did run my buddy purchased. But as his round counts have increased his is acting up too.

Another friend brought a new MR920 and DR920 and had a broker firing pin (MR920) and dead trigger (DR920) within 800 rounds. His MR920 frame was also out of spec and had to go back for return to battery/light primer strike issues. He was reissued a brand new frame with a different serial from SS.

I would not buy a SS going forward after my CR920 experiences. In fact my CR920 experiences were so poor that I started using a P365XL as my CCW and general purpose gun (which my wife has been hoping for anyways).

I do love the ones I have. A complete Gen 4 oem Glock slide and Glock internals will get you in a good place.

SS customer service and warranties have been overwhelmed. One of my CR920s was there for over 2 months, came back still finicky.
    @G19Fan
    What OEM Glock parts do you use for your MR920’s? Which Gen slides and parts will work? I think I want to give this a shot. I love the SS frame. It fits me well. Thanks.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Gosh, this making a better Glock thing is harder than it looks.
    Less so if you don’t treat your customers and employees like shit.

PSA has done surprisingly well with the Dagger at a fraction of the cost of the SS pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnYankee View Post
    @G19Fan
    What OEM Glock parts do you use for your MR920’s? Which Gen slides and parts will work? I think I want to give this a shot. I love the SS frame. It fits me well. Thanks.
    Gen 4 slide

Gen 4 internals. Gen 3 trigger works

If yoy want a Gen 4 slide cut for a 509t, shout

Gen 4 slide

Gen 4 internals. Gen 3 trigger works

If yoy want a Gen 4 slide cut for a 509t, shout
    Would you happen to have any pics of this combo? Interested to see what it looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnYankee View Post
    Would you happen to have any pics of this combo? Interested to see what it looks like.
    I sure do. Here you go.

Prior to me moving to the P365XL with a macro grip, this was my preferred G19 setup (and I have a few of these still)

Shadow Systems Frame. Glock everything else (internals, slide, etc). Direct cut 509T that sits super low. I use standard height sights (defoors) and they are lower 1/10 cowitness which is perfect for me

Have a burnt bronze version of this slide availiable for sale as it's a backup and like I said I went full time tot he P365XL series.

https://imgur.com/a/8P4X1xi

I sure do. Here you go.

Prior to me moving to the P365XL with a macro grip, this was my preferred G19 setup (and I have a few of these still)

Shadow Systems Frame. Glock everything else (internals, slide, etc). Direct cut 509T that sits super low. I use standard height sights (defoors) and they are lower 1/10 cowitness which is perfect for me

Have a burnt bronze version of this slide availiable for sale as it's a backup and like I said I went full time tot he P365XL series.

https://imgur.com/a/8P4X1xi
    Thanks!

User Tag List