Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow Systems MR920

I still don't know how they can keep claiming that it's "the flattest shooting pistol" on the market. It makes me not trust them as much when they keep saying that, because it's DEFINITELY not true. It's a nice gun, but it's not magic.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I still don't know how they can keep claiming that it's "the flattest shooting pistol" on the market. It makes me not trust them as much when they keep saying that, because it's DEFINITELY not true. It's a nice gun, but it's not magic.
    It is a bit of hyperbole on their part. One, it is a somewhat subjective claim unless they're using some kind of fixture that measures recoil along the slide's path. Two, it implies that they've tested every gun on the market.

With that said, Trevor Roe does say, "One of the flattest shooting uncompensated pistols in my opinion" or something similar in the DR920 product release video.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Anyone else watch the three separate YouTube events? Really not much info that we didn't know already. I was hoping for a bit more technical info on the new gun. Oh, well.

In the meantime, here's a pic I found on the webz. Note the 19 length spring guide. I wonder if this is a pre-production gun or the production format.

I agree there was little info offered on the DR 920. You would think it would be the center of attention since it's their newest release.

Ordered a DR Elite on Tuesday, it's been on my radar since Shadow announced it was in the works.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I agree there was little info offered on the DR 920. You would think it would be the center of attention since it's their newest release.

Ordered a DR Elite on Tuesday, it's been on my radar since Shadow announced it was in the works.
    Cool. Who'd you order from? I need to get on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Cool. Who'd you order from? I need to get on this.

My buddy owns a small shop here in NJ. The MR 918/920 have been a big hit locally. As soon as Shadow Systems released the DR we ordered 7 of them, they're all spoken for already.

For anyone that may be interested, according to Shadow the individual Law Enforcement discount on DR's will not be available until mid summer. They're trying to cater to agency needs before opening up to individual LE purchases. Call me impatient but I decided not to wait and order one right away.

My buddy owns a small shop here in NJ. The MR 918/920 have been a big hit locally. As soon as Shadow Systems released the DR we ordered 7 of them, they're all spoken for already.

For anyone that may be interested, according to Shadow the individual Law Enforcement discount on DR's will not be available until mid summer. They're trying to cater to agency needs before opening up to individual LE purchases. Call me impatient but I decided not to wait and order one right away.
    Any idea how soon these seven will ship?

I'll have to do some calling today to see if local shop has any on order. I can't let you be the first kid on the block....

Any idea how soon these seven will ship?

I'll have to do some calling today to see if local shop has any on order. I can't let you be the first kid on the block....

Lol...Shadow is saying mid February they will be on shelves. I wouldn't doubt that means their large distributors get first deliveries. I'm pretty excited about this gun, my MR918 has done very well for me.

Lol...Shadow is saying mid February they will be on shelves. I wouldn't doubt that means their large distributors get first deliveries. I'm pretty excited about this gun, my MR918 has done very well for me.
    No joy. One shop had no info. I'm not sure the sales guy even knew what I was calling about. Another shop said they were going to order one and that he'd call me when the gun comes in. I'll start watching gunbroker and a few other online resources.

No joy. One shop had no info. I'm not sure the sales guy even knew what I was calling about. Another shop said they were going to order one and that he'd call me when the gun comes in. I'll start watching gunbroker and a few other online resources.
    Got word late this afternoon from my shop. Shadow said they are not going to be filling any small shop orders at this time. They are focusing on the large distributors. Sales rep told the shop owner to purchase from a distributor. In addition the shop was told if he places an order now we will not see the guns for at least 6 months. I'll report back if I get anything further. Good luck with the search.

User Tag List