Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow Systems MR920

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Trevor mentioned it in one of his "technical Tuesday" videos.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    It is also covered on the last page of the owner's manuals that I have.

For those interested in trying a SS frame on one of their 19's (for gadget compatibility or direct milled optics for instance), Black Phoenix has complete lowers for $299.99. Solid price.

https://blackphoenixcustoms.com/shad...ete-frame.html
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

@GJM or anyone else that has an MR/XR920 with a factory threaded barrel.

Could you please measure the overall length of the portion of the barrel that protrudes beyond the slide, and/or the length of the shoulder?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    @GJM or anyone else that has an MR/XR920 with a factory threaded barrel.

Could you please measure the overall length of the portion of the barrel that protrudes beyond the slide, and/or the length of the shoulder?

Thanks.
    I got 1.025 with the cap off.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    I got 1.025 with the cap off.
    Thanks. There is a full inch of barrel a sticking out forward out of the slide?

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    Thanks. There is a full inch of barrel a sticking out forward out of the slide?
    Goodness no!!! What a mistake on my part. I must've accidentally zeroed it between remeasures and doubled my number. .630. Oooff, what a dope...

Name:  20220703_184240.jpg
Views: 408
Size:  29.9 KB

General MR920 related: my wife finally let me take my 13 year old grandson to the range Friday. After some mighty fine shooting on the rifle range with my Sig 516 and suppressed MCX 300 we headed over to the pistol pit. He started off making some solid A zone torso hits on an IPSC silhouette at 15 yards with the MR920/RMR but told me he was actually aiming at the A zone in the head. We worked on his grip and stance a little bit and in no time he was knocking down plates with regularity. After the first round he said he was surprised by the recoil-I guess first person shooter games don't include that feature...all in all, a really solid outing.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    Goodness no!!! What a mistake on my part. I must've accidentally zeroed it between remeasures and doubled my number. .630. Oooff, what a dope...

Name:  20220703_184240.jpg
Views: 408
Size:  29.9 KB
    Lol. It’s all good. I appreciate the help. I was trying to see if a PMM comp would work with it. They are spec’ed for .617”

Does anyone happen to know if adapter plates made specifically for the Glock MOS series are compatible with Shadow's optic cut? I just picked up an MPS the other day, but the only other company (Primary Machine's .150" plate), per my research and contact with Shadow's customer support, that makes RMR to ACRO footprint adapter plates is currently OOS for another month with this particular plate.

I stumbled across an adapter plate from CHPWS that's specifically made for an MPS to mount onto MOS cuts, so I'm currently wondering if said adapter plate would reliably fit onto my XR920. I guess you could say that I'm getting restless at this point lol.

I've put 75-ish rounds through it since installing the new spring, and it has run like a champ. I want to do some more work it before I pronounce it "okay".
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

User Tag List