Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow Systems MR920

Quote Originally Posted by DamnYankee View Post
    Thanks!
    Very welcome!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    I am a long time Shadow System fan and have 5 or so MR920s.

Personally I use the frame and sell everything else. I strip internal parts and sell the slide too. Then use oem Glock for everything

My MR920s were pre CR920 release and I had 2 sticky triggers and 3 guns that didn't cycle right/light strikes.

No issues once I swapped everything to oem Glock. 50k rounds on one.

Their QC and customer service has gotten substantially worse since the CR920. Even frames are coming out of spec now. I had 3 CR920s.

Two had to go back and were still not running when returned. What was annoying to me is on one of them i told them more about how to potentially fix the issue vs their techs. They were sold to buyers at a steep discount with full disclosure.

The one that did run my buddy purchased. But as his round counts have increased his is acting up too.

Another friend brought a new MR920 and DR920 and had a broker firing pin (MR920) and dead trigger (DR920) within 800 rounds. His MR920 frame was also out of spec and had to go back for return to battery/light primer strike issues. He was reissued a brand new frame with a different serial from SS.

I would not buy a SS going forward after my CR920 experiences. In fact my CR920 experiences were so poor that I started using a P365XL as my CCW and general purpose gun (which my wife has been hoping for anyways).

I do love the ones I have. A complete Gen 4 oem Glock slide and Glock internals will get you in a good place.

SS customer service and warranties have been overwhelmed. One of my CR920s was there for over 2 months, came back still finicky.
    I have a question for you. I was looking at buying a Gen 4 slide to have on hand in case my MR290 starts acting up. However everywhere I look these Gen 4 slides cost almost as much as a whole new G19 - sometimes more than a full blue label G19.

I did find a 19X slide for a decent price, so my question is: will a 19X work on MR920 Frame?

I'm not sure what Gen the 19X is/was, but I'm wondering if it would work on a MR920 frame.

Does anyone know if this would work?

Quote Originally Posted by ChknLivrNWsky View Post
    I have a question for you. I was looking at buying a Gen 4 slide to have on hand in case my MR290 starts acting up. However everywhere I look these Gen 4 slides cost almost as much as a whole new G19 - sometimes more than a full blue label G19.

I did find a 19X slide for a decent price, so my question is: will a 19X work on MR920 Frame?

I'm not sure what Gen the 19X is/was, but I'm wondering if it would work on a MR920 frame.

Does anyone know if this would work?
    If may it is not ideal but it can work.

If you want a gen 4 G19 slide cut for a 509T give me a shout!

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    If may it is not ideal but it can work.

If you want a gen 4 G19 slide cut for a 509T give me a shout!
    Thank you for the offer, but I'm already sitting on two RMR's otherwise I'd take you up on it.

As for the 19X slide not being ideal, what makes you say that? If it's something like just swapping out a back plate then I really don't care. If it's something more involved where I have to start making cuts into the slide or frame then I'll probably skip that idea for now.

Quote Originally Posted by ChknLivrNWsky View Post
    Thank you for the offer, but I'm already sitting on two RMR's otherwise I'd take you up on it.

As for the 19X slide not being ideal, what makes you say that? If it's something like just swapping out a back plate then I really don't care. If it's something more involved where I have to start making cuts into the slide or frame then I'll probably skip that idea for now.
    More the ambi safety cut on the slide. That said it will run. I jsut prefer a gen 4

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post

By the way TOK, I'm blaming you for my latest lapse in judgement..

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    By the way TOK, I'm blaming you for my latest lapse in judgement..

TXPO
    Nice! From the zippered bag I'd say that's an LE purchase program gun?

Shot a few rounds through my DR today. Continue to enjoy that gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Nice! From the zippered bag I'd say that's an LE purchase program gun?

Shot a few rounds through my DR today. Continue to enjoy that gun.

Yeah, been eyeing the 920 for a bit and local LE dealer happen to have the elite in stock. I was looking at the combat, but figured why not, I have played with optics a little, so at least this one is setup for it.

Protector program is hard to pass up on these. Plus they are made here in Texas, what's not to like.

Plus I have missed my 918 ever since I sold it. I do feel the 920 was an improvement, despite the optic cut design, which is most definitely one of the best out there.

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Will the OEM Glock striker assembly drop in with the rectangular cut in the breech face? Since I've only had an issue with light strikes with Norma 124 with my MR918, I'm wondering if maybe it's at least partly the striker. Is there some bomb diggity aftermarket striker that's better than OEM?

User Tag List