Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow Systems MR920

I replaced the threaded barrel that originally came with the gun with a new black unthreaded one. It looks better this way.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

MR920 clipdraw?

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post

I field stripped my new 920 this morning and gave it a cleaning. Not that it needed it after only thirty-one rounds. Plus I wiped it down and oiled it right after I got it.

Anyway, while I had it apart I thought I'd take some photos.

First is the optics mounting point. It is compatible with several sights to include the RMR and DP Pro. Note the extractor spring is visible here.

The extractor spring retaining pin should come out by pushing up on the tiny hole visible on the bottom of the slide. I wanted to take the extractor out but don't have a punch small enough.

General pics of the slide and its machining. Overall the machine work is very good and the slide is generally devoid of sharp edges. With that said there is some tiny pitting on the slide near the front sight.

The optic cover plate is aluminum and engraved with the company logo. A minor complaint but I wish it was serrated to match the slide.

The barrel appears unchanged in shape/style from the 918. Not sure what coating is used. It is starting to rub off already.

The back plate compared to a factory Glock plate. The Shadow Systems plate is aluminum. I had initially assumed a factory Glock plate would fit but that is incorrect. The flange around the outside of the plate is much thinner on the 920.
    Has anyone found any clipdraws for the MR920? If so could u post the link

@Ruckus54321

Did you have a question or comment for me? If so I missed it in the quote above.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Do these have the Glock grip angle?

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Do these have the Glock grip angle?
    Similar, yes. However their backstrap system allows the end user to customize the angle to a certain degree, similar to a flat vs. arched MSH on a 1911. I have an MR918 and prefer the grip over a stock Glock.

Great deal one one of you are on the fence. The only blem mine had was a pin head size mark on top of the slide. For the cost savings I can deal with what took me a day to find.

https://gunprime.com/products/shadow...y-ss-1002-blem

I just received a new MR920 Combat. Compared to my MR920 Elite, purchased when they first came out, the new one seems more refined. Better trigger, no sharp edges on HBE slide and better mag release function. When I pulled the RMR off the Elite and put it on the new Combat, the Wheeler laser indicates it needed adjustment in elevation and windage, which was a tad surprising.

Name:  C6D662A4-9BF0-4486-8123-8A0820A0EBD7.jpg
Views: 864
Size:  103.8 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Shot it 150 rounds yesterday -- thrilled!

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Shot it 150 rounds yesterday -- thrilled!
    Which backstrap option after you using? The neutral m&pish? I believe that's the one supposed to be installed from factory.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    Which backstrap option after you using? The neutral m&pish? I believe that's the one supposed to be installed from factory.
    I mounted the RMR, then switched back and forth between "neutral" and the high or Glock insert, and settled on the Glock back strap as it seemed a tad better and is the same angle as all the Glock pistols I have.

User Tag List