Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow Systems MR920

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Got word late this afternoon from my shop. Shadow said they are not going to be filling any small shop orders at this time. They are focusing on the large distributors. Sales rep told the shop owner to purchase from a distributor. In addition the shop was told if he places an order now we will not see the guns for at least 6 months. I'll report back if I get anything further. Good luck with the search.
    That's too bad but I guess I understand it. Shadow probably wants to sell as many guns as they can as quickly as they can. I wouldn't mind working in the commercial firearms industry but then again I'm glad I don't... I can't imagine making a livelihood now in the industry with the pending gloom and doom.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I was aiming to get an Agency Arms (AOS mounting system) stripped slide for my entry into the RDS world, but the one I like is $900..so I was looking at the MR920 and couldn't fail to notice that for only a tad more I would get a whole pistol!

So I'm considering a Flat Dark Earth MR920 Elite that seems more easily available from Cabelas and Bass Pro for some reason than the Black one, although I'd like the Black one, but getting a bit of the "have to have it now" syndrome. But strangely one can select "Order Online" with the flat dark earth one, but not with the black ones, wtflook?

But, how are y'all's MR920's holding up?

For the Flat Dark Earth one, is the slide cerakoted I wonder? I can't find the info on the finish..if so I wonder if it requires more break in, due to the added cerakote thickness? I don't have much experience with cerakote so I wonder..

Got my hands on a 920L last night. Didn’t get to shoot it but in finger banged and dry fired the hell out of it. Love the frame contour and texture. The slide and barrel contour/cuts were “meh”, but I really like the frame.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Using an adapter plate can a Aimpoint ACRO be mounted on the Shadow Systems pistols ? And, where would you get a *good* one ?
    Last edited by Biggy; 05-25-2021 at 11:52 AM.

The plate that comes with the 509t will fit with Shadow Systems' thickest spacer. The Acro plate looks to be longer. I have an email in to them asking about specifics because per the latest in their blog the Acro won't fit. It might be as simple as grinding a little off the end of the Aimpoint RMR pattern mount but everything is a guess pending a reply from Shadow Systems.

I got an email from Shadow Systems yesterday on a question I had on mounting an Aimpoint ACRO to their MR920 pistols.

Cody McElroy (Shadow Systems)
    May 25, 2021, 12:19 CDT

Hi Jim,

We don't know of anyone producing a mounting plate to attach an Acro to our pistol successfully. Our engineers are currently working on solutions, but I'm unsure of what their timeframe is.
    Regards,

Cody McElroy /Technical Service Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    I got an email from Shadow Systems yesterday on a question I had on mounting an Aimpoint ACRO to their MR920 pistols.

Cody McElroy (Shadow Systems)
    May 25, 2021, 12:19 CDT

Hi Jim,

We don't know of anyone producing a mounting plate to attach an Acro to our pistol successfully. Our engineers are currently working on solutions, but I'm unsure of what their timeframe is.
    Regards,

Cody McElroy /Technical Service Manager
    Pretty much what they told me some months back. In fact they seemed kind of reluctant to even approach the idea because the current optics cut is sold as being more secure/durable/better because no adapter plates are needed.

With all that said, it should be a pretty straightforward process but may take someone like KE Arms, CHPWS, etc to pull it off.

I assume new sights will be needed.

Site Supporter

SS MR920 Elite barrel issue

So I bought my self the Bronze finish barrel MR920 Elite optics model

Upon inspection prior to shooting the pistol , I noted significant machining/finishing issues with the feed ramp.

I emailed SS and requested a replacement.

Will update when I hear something but I have to say for a $1000 pistol, Im disappointed.

Name:  SS MR920 barrel feed ramp issue.jpg
Views: 1872
Size:  18.0 KB

Just FYI if someone is in the market. Shadow Systems has some G19 and G19L aka DR920 barrels in stock on the website.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Just FYI if someone is in the market. Shadow Systems has some G19 and G19L aka DR920 barrels in stock on the website.

With the changes in gen 5 17 locking block geometry, wouldn't a 17 gen 5 barrel drop right into a DR920 or MR920L and vice versa?

User Tag List