Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow Systems MR920

Enjoying my new MR920 Combat. Enough so, I ordered an XR920 (Glock 45 configuration), which will also give me a full size grip option for all my Gen 4 Glock 19 pistols.

Dropped a Mayhem comp into the Combat today, and it functioned fine.

Name:  4AB17C44-B70F-402C-A9EE-431778347B2A.jpg
Views: 3173
Size:  99.1 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Enjoying my new MR920 Combat. Enough so, I ordered an XR920 (Glock 45 configuration), which will also give me a full size grip option for all my Gen 4 Glock 19 pistols.

Dropped a Mayhem comp into the Combat today, and it functioned fine.

Name:  4AB17C44-B70F-402C-A9EE-431778347B2A.jpg
Views: 3173
Size:  99.1 KB
    What are your initial impressions compared to Gen 5 Glocks?

I rented an XR yesterday and thought it’s shot nice enough, tho I couldn’t get much of a group with the factory sights.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    What are your initial impressions compared to Gen 5 Glocks?

I rented an XR yesterday and thought it’s shot nice enough, tho I couldn’t get much of a group with the factory sights.
    I would compare it most closely to a Gen 4 Glock, with all the grip and slide mods imaginable, but with Gen 5 ejection. I haven't shot any groups with the iron sights, although it shoots good groups for me with an optic. Haven't compared groups to a G5, but G5 pistols are incredibly accurate. I think Gen 4 pistols can have better triggers, although a G5 is consistently very usable stock.

What were your XR impressions?

A buddy of mine had the DR920 and I had a chance to shoot it at the range, was really a very soft shooting gun. I was shooting it with my 19x and my gen 4 19. Big difference to the gen 4 19 and closer to the 19x. Best way I could describe the difference was the DR920 felt like loads you would make for competition and the 19x felt like “factory” ammo. What struck me is how light the gun felt in the hand. For as light as it feels, it sure doesn’t have the recoil you’d expect from such a lightweight gun. I liked it so much I had decided to go buy the MR920 at my local gun store. They had a some good deals on the warrior poet elite MR920 so went to buy it, but brought along my gen 5 19, just to compare one more time.

Shot a box of 115 grain mag tech through both and while the MR920 was slightly softer, more noticeable when shooting fast, there wasn’t as big a difference as I thought to justify the cost compared to my gen 5 19, so I ended up passing on the MR920. If didn’t have basically 3 different version of the g19, I probably would have made the purchase. In the end, for me it was a slightly softer shooting gun, came back to zero very nice and overall really liked the gun, but felt spending on $850 on another glock 19 was probably not a great purchase, especially since I don’t carry the 19 anyway. Unusual for me to walk away from not purchasing a really sweet gun, lol.

I am looking forward to checking out the Shadow systems CR920 when it becomes available. Really impressed with their firearms.

I haven't shot a gun that wasn't DA/SA or without a dot in several years, so I don't have any useful data to add.

Impressions are generally favorable but I only shot a whopping 50 rounds through it in an indoor range lane.

The trigger seemed good. I couldn't get accurate hits at 25. Holding 5 o'clock on the B-8 RC, the bottom of my group was in the top edge of the paper. The backer was all shot up and I was in a hurry so I didn't get a group size, but it wasn't impressive. That's probably more a reflection of my ability to run HD style iron sights than the gun.

I think the optic mounting system is the most interesting part of the Shadow Systems series. The deep screw depth seem like they should be very strong. The downside is I'm basically stuck with an open emitter footprint, since they don't plan to sell slides al a carte.

Right now I'm leaning towards Glock gen 5's that will eventually get cut for the Agency Optics System.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    I haven't shot a gun that wasn't DA/SA or without a dot in several years, so I don't have any useful data to add.

Impressions are generally favorable but I only shot a whopping 50 rounds through it in an indoor range lane.

The trigger seemed good. I couldn't get accurate hits at 25. Holding 5 o'clock on the B-8 RC, the bottom of my group was in the top edge of the paper. The backer was all shot up and I was in a hurry so I didn't get a group size, but it wasn't impressive. That's probably more a reflection of my ability to run HD style iron sights than the gun.

I think the optic mounting system is the most interesting part of the Shadow Systems series. The deep screw depth seem like they should be very strong. The downside is I'm basically stuck with an open emitter footprint, since they don't plan to sell slides al a carte.

Right now I'm leaning towards Glock gen 5's that will eventually get cut for the Agency Optics System.
    The 509t mounts directly using the cover plate screws. I understand some of the screws work out of the box but I had to turn the heads on mine down a few hundredths to get them to fit flush. I don't keep an accurate round count but I'd estimate I have 500 or so rounds through it with nothing coming loose.

Forgot to mention that it sits too high for the stock irons to be usable, unlike the open emitters.

Quote Originally Posted by DMCutter View Post
    The 509t mounts directly using the cover plate screws. I understand some of the screws work out of the box but I had to turn the heads on mine down a few hundredths to get them to fit flush. I don't keep an accurate round count but I'd estimate I have 500 or so rounds through it with nothing coming loose.
    Picture?

Quote Originally Posted by DMCutter View Post
    You mean via the RMR plate that the 509t comes with correct?

Correct. The stock out of the box plate. I think I had to shave one of the spacers down a hair to get it to fit but it's tight. I thought I had pics on my phone but I don't. I'll snap some tomorrow and post them.

User Tag List