Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow Systems MR920

Regardless of the improvement in general ergonomics these pistols still have the annoying tendency to rub the bottom of my trigger finger.

This didn't seem much of a concern back in the 1980s when everyone shot with crossed thumbs and a relatively low grip. Nowadays with a high aggressive grip I find this places my trigger finger into the trigger guard at a slightly downward angle. This causes my finger to rub.

Not much can be done if the goal is holster compatibility. But Glock's trigger guard is definitely too short. It is also longer fore and aft than it should be.

Perfection....

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

As has largely been the case with my MR918, the trigger in my MR920 has continued to improve with some use.

The distinct difference between the trigger's takeup and actual press is largely smoothed out and the firm wall between the two is gone. The trigger can still be staged, if desired, but it can also be pressed straight through smoothly and easily.

On my fish scale measure, the trigger measures right at six pounds when checked at the joint between the trigger and the dingus. The trigger measures four pounds when checked at its lowest point.

A recent YouTube review

https://youtu.be/_HJGXqIkS6c

Too bad he didn't get the NPOA/backstrap info right, calling them small, medium, and large. He almost stumbled on to it at the end, though. I picked up a preowned 918 with a 508t and I can't tell a difference when I shoot it and my 920 side by side, except I think I prefer the 508t to the RMR. They've become my favorites.

A good look at the MR920 slide with the deeper optic cut and the changes to the extractor plunger and spring:

Saw this earlier on Shadow Systems' social media:

Watched one of the 918s (whoops, not a 920) go through a recent Gunsite 250 that was pistol mounted optics focused. It ran just fine. I'd be interested in getting one to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    Watched one of the 918s (whoops, not a 920) go through a recent Gunsite 250 that was pistol mounted optics focused. It ran just fine. I'd be interested in getting one to work with.
    Just used my MR918 in the Sig Pistol Mounted Optic Instructor class. 800+ rounds in 2 days, second day we shot in a monsoon, and not 1 issue. Reliable, accurate, functional upgrades and fun to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Just used my MR918 in the Sig Pistol Mounted Optic Instructor class. 800+ rounds in 2 days, second day we shot in a monsoon, and not 1 issue. Reliable, accurate, functional upgrades and fun to shoot.
    Any other students have gun problems that you noticed?

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Any other students have gun problems that you noticed?

There were several 320's, 2-MR918's and a few Glock 19's.

Optics were a mix of Holosun 507/508's, a DPP, RMR and Sig Romeo 1.

The class was hosted at my agencies range in NJ (climate reference). First day was extremely hot and the second day was during tropical storm Hanna. Day 2 was some of the worst range weather I've shot in, it was actually a great time. Entire day was spent on the range with little to no cover. Weapons and optics were exposed to heavy rain and high winds.

Every gun and optic performed flawlessly. Definitely validated the ability of the optics to handle wet conditions.

User Tag List