Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: Shadow Systems MR920

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    My MR920 had been running fine with Glock mags, but I had a failure to feed on the first round from slide lock while shooting the Bakersfield Qual as a demo in a class last week.

The leading edge on the chamber does appear to be sharp compared to an XR920 that was available for comparision.
    A rolling production change? Any idea of the age differences between the two?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    A rolling production change? Any idea of the age differences between the two?

My MR920 Combat was purchased just weeks before the release of the Foundation series.

The XR920 was produced within the last month.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    They are only doing the Elite for commercial sales, correct?

That's all I could find was Elite MR920s. No XR or DR yet.

I saw on Instagram or maybe Facebook that there's a SKU now for the direct mount 509 also.

My experience with my new MR920 Foundation series

Gun shoots phenomenally. I put 300 rounds through the gun on my first range session with zero failures. W/irons I feel like it shoots lower than expected at 10 yards w/the neutral and low back strap (my preferred setup), and flatter with high “glock” back strap. This surprised me. I prefer a 1911, CZ, M&P M2.0 style grip angle, but oddly shot the “glock” style better at first. My last 100 rounds of the day were sighting in 507C RD and some low ready drills. I t was during these drills that the low back strap was more on point for me in a rapid response situation. I will likely continue to test between the high and low straps. TRIGGER: there is NO WAY this is a 4.5-5lb trigger. I consistently get 5.5lb pulls at the bottom of the trigger shoe, and 6-6.5lbs at the middle of the safety blade or lower 1/3 of the trigger. Also, the pad of my finger gets caught between the trigger guard and trigger, causing some blistering. Hopefully this subsides, but I do not experience this on my other guns. I feel like the trigger has a nice defined wall and break, and would feel very similar to my PDP if it were lighter. MAG RELEASE: it a little tight. Dropping mags is not easy.; Feels like it requires more force to drop. OPTIC MOUNT: Love the design so far. Stayed zeroed through 100rds. Only time will tell if it holds up. SLIDE RELEASE: My dominant hand thumb hits the slide release at times, preventing slide lock on empty. That's a me problem. So far, I've been very happy with the gun (still early in the break in process) but look forward to running it more.

BREAK IN: I know many people have experienced failures of some kind during the break in period, and so far I've had zero issues related to the gun. So, I want to share my process of breaking in the MR920. May not work for all, but so far, so good. First off, I stripped and cleaned the gun except for the trigger components. Comes with some kind of factory grease SS states to leave alone. They have a Technical Tuesday video I followed for cleaning. After this, I started with 230 dry fire trigger pulls over the course of 3 days, using a laser cartridge as well as 12 dummy rounds. After that, I took it to the range and started off with Winchester Nato 124gr for 100rds. I believe they're similar to a +P round. Then moved to Herters 115gr range ammo for 150rds, then ended the day with Federal American Eagle 147gr (flat nose) for 50rds. I used both the Pmag and OEM Glock 19 mags, all new. Not once was it out of battery, no failure to feed or eject. Ran great. So far very happy with it. Contemplating if I should clean it or keep running it for another couple hundred rounds? If this pattern continues, it'll be my new carry gun.

Cheers!

User Tag List