Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow Systems MR920

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Any reports of broken firing pins with the new rounded tip and rebound spring?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    That I am not sure. I try to keep the non rounded slides as I like replacing the parts.

But nothing I have heard so far on the rounded ones. My cr920 one seems fine

Shadow Systems sells round and rectangular firing pins. It probably isn't a bad idea to pick up an extra to toss into the range bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Shadow Systems sells round and rectangular firing pins. It probably isn't a bad idea to pick up an extra to toss into the range bag.

My slides with the rectangular pins for carry just use oem glock firing pins. The SS one get tossed into training guns

It's interesting that the posts about the Shadow Systems on this forum are typically positive, but in a Facebook group dedicated to them, there seem to be a lot of reported problems of cracked frames and rusting, etc.

Are those reports just squeaky wheels looking for grease?
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    It's interesting that the posts about the Shadow Systems on this forum are typically positive, but in a Facebook group dedicated to them, there seem to be a lot of reported problems of cracked frames and rusting, etc.

Sample size of one. I’ve had the original MR918 for I guess about 3 years. Other than occasionally uninspired ejection, it’s been perfect through what I’d estimate are at least 2,000 rounds. No cracking or rust or anything bad. Despite being very light, it shoots VERY flat, and has some appealing features. Trigger is quite good, although I wouldn’t call it outstanding.

If only it took Glock mags. Oh wait!

My unscientific sense is, as their pistols have become more popular and they have introduced more models, their quality has gone down. CS has also gone down.

Glock had spent decades and many millions figuring out how to scale up, and even still has tripped from time to time. Will be interesting to see if SS can successfully scale up.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Will be interesting to see if SS can successfully scale up.
    One of the hardest things for a company of this size to do in my experience. So many things you did and the way you did it at the lower volume may not work at the next volume/rate level. And that's before we get to what is sometimes harder, getting your line people and management team to scale up. I hope they pull it off, got my first one recently and I like it a lot.

My CZs are out of action until my new plates get here from the Czech Republic. I have an MR920 arriving on Monday. I ordered it because of the optic mounting system and the comments here being positive. I'm starting to have a bit of buyer's remorse wishing I would have grabbed a P320 instead.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

I'm starting to have a bit of buyer's remorse wishing I would have grabbed a P320 instead.
    You could make yourself just as nervous by reading some of the P320 threads here and wondering if it's actually a safe pistol yet.

My CZs are out of action until my new plates get here from the Czech Republic. I have an MR920 arriving on Monday. I ordered it because of the optic mounting system and the comments here being positive. I'm starting to have a bit of buyer's remorse wishing I would have grabbed a P320 instead.
    I think you will like your mr920. I vastly prefer it to a p320

User Tag List