Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: P210 Carry

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post

The P7 holds 8 (or 13 depending on M8 vs M13). Yes it gets hot, that can be helped by taking some breaks for dry firing, loading mags, analyzing what you're doing , etc.

cc
    a friend told me he used to take 5 P7 M8s to a class. As one heated up he kept switching guns. I thought he was teasing or being just silly. I took 3 P7M13s to a one day private class with Frank Garcia and learned how right he was. My day ended early at 3:00 when i could not even pick up one of the 13s.

Quote Originally Posted by p7fl View Post
    a friend told me he used to take 5 P7 M8s to a class. As one heated up he kept switching guns. I thought he was teasing or being just silly. I took 3 P7M13s to a one day private class with Frank Garcia and learned how right he was. My day ended early at 3:00 when i could not even pick up one of the 13s.
    I had a real US imported (not surplus) P7PSP for about twenty years. That was my second biggest complaint, right after how much of a bitch it was to OWB conceal holster due to the weight distribution and leverage. I even cut down and kludged a P7M8 trigger guard heat shield (the plastic piece) in an effort to cool it down enough to allow shooting a whole box at one time without burns. I finally got rid of it five years ago. Great gun, but a sadistic mother to shoot.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by AJD21 View Post
    Looks interesting.

Aluminum frame, wish the grips were checkered, Siglite night sights suck so hopefully they do X-Ray at least, if the trigger and accuracy is like the other P210 Americans it will outshoot 99% of 4” guns available today.

Problem is I’m seeing a lot of problems reported on the recoil spring assemblies breaking on the full size guns so much so that I wouldn’t recommend these guns right now

Honestly I’d suggest another forum if your looking for people that have shot these guns a lot and actually have real experience with them. One of the sig focused forums has a few members with a lot of rounds down range and and some impressive accuracy tests. It’s the blue colored forum.
    I have one of the new 210 American pistols. It has quickly become my favorite so I read this thread with great interest. I did checkout the Sig forum mentioned and read the reports of breakage and missing springs. It seems that some 210 A's were shipped without a slide stop spring, easily fixed. The breakage with the recoil spring assemblies is due to a screw holding the thing together. SIG is aware of the issue but I'm not confident they are making the necessary changes. There is a aftermarket recoil assembly out there which I ordered just in case my currently intact unit goes south..
    I still like mine and it is impressively accurate even with my mixed headstamp reloads. I use good quality bullets and VV N320 but I do not sort my brass, just don't have the time. I like it so much it has become part of my 2 gun set up despite it's meager 8+1 round capacity.
    Last edited by 19852+; 01-22-2020 at 09:10 AM.

https://youtu.be/BgUTGAdt9qs

Vickers P210 Carry video. Larry gave some praise to the American P210’s, I’ve seen him make positive comments on them in the past so not surprising.

I Want To Believe...
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

https://www.recoilweb.com/return-of-...ng-156843.html

As a side note some pretty cool “duty” P210 Americans done up for shot show. Those are the “Standard” models that received the custom work.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    I Want To Believe...
    That pretty much summarizes my sentiments.

The P210 carry is the KIND of gun I want: something that prioritizes exceptional shooting characteristics/accuracy. Just not sure I “believe” in this platform. Yet.

I hope they work the issues out and it runs/holds up as well as I’ve heard it shoots. I held one—it felt superb. Trigger was great. And it seemed relatively svelte—like it would feel decent to carry IWB.
    Last edited by MattyD380; 01-22-2020 at 11:02 PM.

Lacks ambidextrous thumb safeties, standard trigger, and NP3 finish. I’m out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    I can't tell you what the other posters meant, but the new SIG P210 is, sadly, not living up at all to the original, both in terms of the reliability and the expected precision. There is a whole thread on them somewhere here with people having a lot hope for the gun and being thoroughly disappointed.

I don't know what the "it" is either.

The P7 was indeed cool, but it got hot in hurry; as in too hot to touch within a few hundred rounds. If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will correct me, but the gas system of the P7 is what enabled it to be so compact with a fixed barrel and that's what made it get so hot. I don't see HK bringing back the P7 anytime soon if ever.
    How do you take a proven, well respected design and turn it into junk. Oh wait, Sig USA. Never mind.

I can’t find a link, but there’s a write up in the new Shooting Illustrated.

User Tag List