Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: P210 Carry

P210 Carry

First videos I’m seeing coming out of SHOT seem to be from Sig event. Everything looked real eye rolling to me, but that P210 Carry looks sweet. I’ve never shot a 210, but hear people rave about them. What do you all think?

I know that they had some P210 models prior, but thinking about it and the Python release has me wishing for a P7 for some reason. I always thought P7s were such cool guns...
    Last edited by CLaw; 01-20-2020 at 07:44 AM.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    There’s a thread on the Americans here.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Well now, that made “it” move.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Well now, that made “it” move.
    Sorry, I don't understand either of these responses. If I did something wrong etiquette wise and should remove my post, please let me know.

Looks interesting.

Aluminum frame, wish the grips were checkered, Siglite night sights suck so hopefully they do X-Ray at least, if the trigger and accuracy is like the other P210 Americans it will outshoot 99% of 4” guns available today.

Problem is I’m seeing a lot of problems reported on the recoil spring assemblies breaking on the full size guns so much so that I wouldn’t recommend these guns right now

Honestly I’d suggest another forum if your looking for people that have shot these guns a lot and actually have real experience with them. One of the sig focused forums has a few members with a lot of rounds down range and and some impressive accuracy tests. It’s the blue colored forum.
    Last edited by AJD21; 01-20-2020 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CLaw View Post
    Sorry, I don't understand either of these responses. If I did something wrong etiquette wise and should remove my post, please let me know.
    In my case, it wasn’t negative. I was stating that it was of interest to me; my comment wasn’t related to OJ’s.

And, I’m not OJ, but I think he was just pointing out the big P210 American thread which might be of interest to you.

I don’t see any problem at all with your thread.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

I can't tell you what the other posters meant, but the new SIG P210 is, sadly, not living up at all to the original, both in terms of the reliability and the expected precision. There is a whole thread on them somewhere here with people having a lot hope for the gun and being thoroughly disappointed.

I don't know what the "it" is either.

The P7 was indeed cool, but it got hot in hurry; as in too hot to touch within a few hundred rounds. If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will correct me, but the gas system of the P7 is what enabled it to be so compact with a fixed barrel and that's what made it get so hot. I don't see HK bringing back the P7 anytime soon if ever.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

No worries. @HeavyDuty paid your thread the highest compliment
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I've watched a couple of YouTube videos on it.

Does it have a capacity of 5 rounds? Seems that's what the videos are showing when people are shooting it.

If that's the case, I don't see a particularly good use for it.

The P7 holds 8 (or 13 depending on M8 vs M13). Yes it gets hot, that can be helped by taking some breaks for dry firing, loading mags, analyzing what you're doing , etc.

cc

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    I've watched a couple of YouTube videos on it.

Does it have a capacity of 5 rounds? Seems that's what the videos are showing when people are shooting it.

If that's the case, I don't see a particularly good use for it.

The P7 holds 8 (or 13 depending on M8 vs M13). Yes it gets hot, that can be helped by taking some breaks for dry firing, loading mags, analyzing what you're doing , etc.

cc
    This implies 8+1:

https://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2020...-carry-pistol/
    Ken

User Tag List