Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: P210 Carry

Site Supporter
    I'm not so quick to outright condemn Sig USA on "cheapening" the P210...

This gun costs about a grand. A newly imported German P210 is gonna cost (guessing)... $2500? Which still wouldn't touch a Swiss model. Unless it was beat to shit. In .30 Luger.

At that price point--for a gun that's stoopid accurate, feels great and has a superb trigger--I can live with MIM parts and a less than godly fit and finish. As long is the thing runs. And doesn't break.

We'll see.

Also...

I watched some of the Shot Show intro videos on the P210 Carry. It's cool. Really nice proportions. Still, I think I would go for the Standard. The Carry isn't that much shorter--certainly no shorter in the grip. And I think I'd prefer a steel frame over aluminum. I haven't measured the slide/frame width on a P210, but it seemed reasonably slim--you still get that benefit with the Standard. I'll also note that the Sig product guy in each video completely ignores the Standard and compares the Carry to the Target. Probably because that makes it seem like more of a dimensional difference. Or he just legitimately doesn't know enough about their product lineup to make an informed comparison.

Don't get me wrong: I have no intention on buying any one of these anytime soon. But if I was going to... I think it would be the Standard.
    Last edited by MattyD380; 01-25-2020 at 12:42 AM.

Since I have graciously accepted the appointment of being the Chief Firearms Aesthetics Analyst (CFAA) pronounced see-fah for all the public school people. I think the Sig P210 Carry is the first properly pretty pistol (alliteration for all the public school people) exhibited in a long time. It's like a twenty-five year old Colombian fitness model that has beautifully smooth skin and curves in all the right places. Thankfully, Sig didn't ruin the clean elegant lines that extend out to the muzzle with one of those ugly rails. My only exception to the P210 Carry is, it needs an ambidextrous safety lever so us left-handed sophisticates can carry with class.

Quote Originally Posted by TDA View Post
    I can’t find a link, but there’s a write up in the new Shooting Illustrated.
    My apologies, I can’t find the article because it’s not in that magazine. Now I’m not sure where it was, but Greyguns had done some interesting things to the P210 Carry, including machining one for a Sig Romeo and one for a WML.

Quote Originally Posted by Navyguns View Post
    Since I have graciously accepted the appointment of being the Chief Firearms Aesthetics Analyst (CFAA) pronounced see-fah for all the public school people. I think the Sig P210 Carry is the first properly pretty pistol (alliteration for all the public school people) exhibited in a long time. It's like a twenty-five year old Colombian fitness model that has beautifully smooth skin and curves in all the right places. Thankfully, Sig didn't ruin the clean elegant lines that extend out to the muzzle with one of those ugly rails. My only exception to the P210 Carry is, it needs an ambidextrous safety lever so us left-handed sophisticates can carry with class.
    This public school person kindly suggests, "...so we left-handed sophisticates..."

Quote Originally Posted by dogcaller View Post
    This public school person kindly suggests, "...so we left-handed sophisticates..."
    You're being pedantic. Let's not get bogged down in grammatical rules and behold the soft, flowing lines of the P210 Carry.

User Tag List