Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: En route to the Richmond rally

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Not mutually exclusive.
    Double your pleasure.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Kudos to Virginia for their victory.

It looks like its not over for this session.

https://www.wavy.com/news/politics/v...control-bills/

Northam will sign one-gun-a-month and background checks for private sales gun control measures into law.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/p...-northams-desk

I’m far more worried about the law that will let localities make their own gun laws. My county will take that and run with it, and it will have a large effect on me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Student
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...aw/ar-BB12rT7D

The legislation includes:

Extreme Risk Protective Order
    Required background checks on all gun sales
    Mandate reporting of lost and stolen firearms
    Preventing children from accessing firearms
    Reinstating Virginia’s successful one-handgun-a-month policy
    “We lose too many Virginians to gun violence, and it is past time we took bold, meaningful action to make our communities safer,” Governor Northam said. “I was proud to work with legislators and advocates on these measures, and I am proud to sign them into law. These commonsense laws will save lives.”

Attorney General of Virginia, Mark Herring shared the news on social media.

So, with this most recent huge surge in gun sales due to all the coronas, what are the chances that the Virginia legislature gets the hint and foregoes future efforts at restricting firearms rights? With the uproar over the lack of PPE being available, you would think that restricting access to the ultimate PPE would be a non-starter. You would think. But you would probably be wrong.

I would be really curious to see the stats for first time gun buyers in VA over the last 12 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Tensaw View Post
    So, with this most recent huge surge in gun sales due to all the coronas, what are the chances that the Virginia legislature gets the hint and foregoes future efforts at restricting firearms rights? With the uproar over the lack of PPE being available, you would think that restricting access to the ultimate PPE would be a non-starter. You would think. But you would probably be wrong.

I would be really curious to see the stats for first time gun buyers in VA over the last 12 months.
    There might be less appetite to go after further bills, we will see... I wouldn't put it past the goldfish like attention of the general populace to quickly forget why they bought a gun in the first place and what they went through. Hoping to be proved extremely wrong and we added some serious numbers to the 2A initiated.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    There might be less appetite to go after further bills, we will see... I wouldn't put it past the goldfish like attention of the general populace to quickly forget why they bought a gun in the first place and what they went through. Hoping to be proved extremely wrong and we added some serious numbers to the 2A initiated.
    I think they may need to see events resulting in "rooftop Koreans" before it sinks in that when danger rears its ugly head, they are their own best chance of surviving it.

That said, I don't think that those who had the presence of mind to actually go out and purchase a firearm and ammo will be so quick to want to cede their newfound sense of security and newly exercised rights.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I think they may need to see events resulting in "rooftop Koreans" before it sinks in that when danger rears its ugly head, they are their own best chance of surviving it.

That said, I don't think that those who had the presence of mind to actually go out and purchase a firearm and ammo will be so quick to want to cede their newfound sense of security and newly exercised rights.
    I mean I can just dress up and get on my roof if that's what it takes...

User Tag List